2.1K     5 
News   Apr 15, 2024
 646     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just in case you can't keep track:

http://robfordfiles.com/

Was it a UTer that made that website? The map looks familiar.

I'm not sure, I've been following Marc Coward on twitter, I believe he created it.

It was indeed I who put that site together. I didn't want to be seen as using MetroMan's thread to promote my own site. However, I see that it's been mentioned. So, if people are interested, we're doing a bit of a "Wikipedia by invitation" thing in an attempt to piece together all the various bits of information from this case.

I'll be there the 13th. Straight from work in my work boots. Maybe I can boot his arse out of office.

An aside: this constant political reference to "taxpayers" offends me as a taxpayer. What, people who disagree with you aren't taxpayers? I pay 12k a year in income tax alone....not to mention property and sales taxes. Why do I get labeled an enemy of "taxpayers"? It's such rubbish discourse.

I have zero concern about what Rob Ford needs to do for the good of his own health or the good of his family. It's not about his addictions anymore. It is about his criminal associations and his pattern of dishonesty. There is a photo of him with a murdered man and when asked about it he lied. He refuses to answer any questions. He is the chief lawmaker for the city and he refuses to speak to police. This is unacceptable. It should be unacceptable to those who share political office with him. Any politician with any integrity should not sit on an executive body with a head executive who won't cooperate with police when he's under investigation. I want no therapeutic babble about how he should step aside for a short time until he works out his personal issues. He should resign, and since he never will, other politicians should isolate him. I'm very disappointed today that there has been little sign of this happening in any kind of meaningful way.

I have zero concern about what Rob Ford needs to do for the good of his own health or the good of his family. It's not about his addictions anymore. It is about his criminal associations and his pattern of dishonesty. There is a photo of him with a murdered man and when asked about it he lied. He refuses to answer any questions. He is the chief lawmaker for the city and he refuses to speak to police. This is unacceptable. It should be unacceptable to those who share political office with him. Any politician with any integrity should not sit on an executive body with a head executive who won't cooperate with police when he's under investigation. I want no therapeutic babble about how he should step aside for a short time until he works out his personal issues. He should resign, and since he never will, other politicians should isolate him. I'm very disappointed today that there has been little sign of this happening in any kind of meaningful way.

Hear, hear!

I may have felt bad for him 6 months ago. Now I only feel contempt and anger.

It was indeed I who put that site together. I didn't want to be seen as using MetroMan's thread to promote my own site. However, I see that it's been mentioned. So, if people are interested, we're doing a bit of a "Wikipedia by invitation" thing in an attempt to piece together all the various bits of information from this case.

One item that may be of interest to this forum: Did Towhey and Price give contradictory testimony about Lisi?

I promise you, I'm no MetroMan, but like I said some of you may find this tidbit interesting.

Ford will be the topic on the Daily Show tonight and 22 Minutes tomorrow

@TheDailyShow
Tonight! Mayors come in all different shapes and sizes and amounts of being addicted to crack. #CelebrateTheDifference

from https://www.facebook.com/22Minutes Tues on 22: "Rob Ford" and "Sandro Lisi" deny being live on TV while they are very much live ones on TV! (Tune in: Tuesday, Nov 5, 8:30 pm, CBC.)
1455144_10151749424723339_635948720_n.jpg

Breaking News

Tomorrow, another prominent staffer in Ford's office is going to be revealed as having allegedly participated in obtaining the video. Separately, media investigations are looking into whether this staffer may be a dealer. Could there be another Lisi already employed by Rob Ford, working at City Hall? Stay tuned, the roller coaster ride is about to dip!

Tomorrow, another prominent staffer in Ford's office is going to be revealed as having allegedly participated in obtaining the video. Separately, media investigations are looking into whether this staffer may be a dealer. Could there be another Lisi already employed by Rob Ford, working at City Hall? Stay tuned, the roller coaster ride is about to dip!

So David Price? Though I think it would be really funny if it was Mark Towhey or Earl Provost.

One persistent question that keeps coming back to my mind is why have the police not charged Ford for the crimes for which they do have plenty of evidence? They may be petty in the context of the purpose of Brazen 2 but not charging Ford with driving while under influence, urinating in public, littering, distracted driving makes for very poor optics.

Frankly, the evidence wasn't sufficient. Without catching him in the act, surveillance on its own isn't enough. There were no hand-to-hand exchanges, nothing was visible outside of the envelopes, and sweeping in when there's a chance that all they were exchanging was an envelope with a bottle of vodka could completely blow the cover of their entire operation.

Another possible charge of extortion? Interesting to see how much jail time in total everyone connected to the mayor will get after this party's over.

So David Price? Though I think it would be really funny if it was Mark Towhey or Earl Provost.

We already know about Price. He's in the ITO. This is another staffer. I'm keeping the staffer's identity private until tomorrow because I don't want to scoop my source's news story.

The point of the matter is that Ford has loaded his staff with alleged criminals and if the cops lay obstruction charges regarding attempts to obtain the video, Rob won't be the only one coming out in cuffs.

Yeah, maybe Price. And maybe his "salary" isn't paid by the city. Mid level dealers regularly make 130k a year in profit.

Does not shock me. I posted earlier anecdotal evidence from someone I met at party claiming they met a former Ford staffer who bragged about being a dealer and "connected". Thanks to recent articles, I think it's Nico Fidani. The name fits with what the guy told me. Again, anecdotal evidence from a drunk guy at a wedding but there it is. But if one staffer came out of the job as a drug dealer, wouldn't shock me if there were more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back