News   Apr 18, 2024
 666     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 5.9K     1 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 2.4K     4 

Restaurant Comings & Goings

Any ideas as to what restaurant might come into 220 King? I know the site has been available for a while. Currently Barootes.

Haven't heard that anything is happening with Barootes / Quotes but the Swiss Chalet (under Il Fornello) in the eastern end of the building is being converted to a bakery and one of the upper level spots (think it was the Chinese place) is converting to a golf place.

Is Taco Bell leaving Canada? That's the third store in the past year I've seen close down.

I doubt that they are, leaving. The Canadian rights holder/franchisor (Prizm Brands) has been in bankruptcy protection (CCAA) since the fall. This is likely just a pruning of dead branches to keep the tree alive.

I doubt that they are, leaving. The Canadian rights holder/franchisor (Prizm Brands) has been in bankruptcy protection (CCAA) since the fall. This is likely just a pruning of dead branches to keep the tree alive.

Yes, they also own the rights to Pizza Hut in Canada and I've noticed a couple of those closing these past few months too.

Haven't heard that anything is happening with Barootes / Quotes but the Swiss Chalet (under Il Fornello) in the eastern end of the building is being converted to a bakery and one of the upper level spots (think it was the Chinese place) is converting to a golf place.

Just walked by.....the bakery going into the Swiss Chalet space is http://www.artisanobakery.com/LOCATIONS/?id=2&cat=LOCATIONS

The golf place is http://ca.golfzon.com/gz/main

No indication that Barrotes/Quotes is doing anything other than serving food while the banging and crashing of the new condo next door goes on!

Had dinner with a friend at the new Jack Astors in the st.lawrence market area on front st.
very nice atmosphere, food very good, prices average for bars in the area.
I personally like the big screen tv over the bar.
i recomend it and will be going again soon.
only cons i found so far it the bar stools have no backs and the music was a little loud.

Unless I am missing something, all of Arby's stores are gone from Mississauga.

I have seen a number of KFC close over the past year in the GTA with a few new ones.

The Taco on Sheppard was run down and needed major work, but was busy most the times I past it or was in it.

Wild Wings and St Louie are popping up all over the place with Wild Wings doing the most openings.

A & W is on a building spread with one opening up on Eglinton at Yonge now, as well a few other places. Sames goes for Harvey's.

I have seen a few Mac D close also.

Unless I am missing something, all of Arby's stores are gone from Mississauga.

The other day I had a craving for Arby's and wondered where the nearest Arby's is since they closed the one in the Eaton Centre food court so I went to their Canadian website. Searching locations I could not find a single Arby's location in all of Canada so I wonder if Arby's has exited Canada for good? I even went as far as sending an email to Arby's corporate head office but no reply. Does anyone know if there is an Arby's left in the GTA?

The other day I had a craving for Arby's and wondered where the nearest Arby's is since they closed the one in the Eaton Centre food court so I went to their Canadian website. Searching locations I could not find a single Arby's location in all of Canada so I wonder if Arby's has exited Canada for good? I even went as far as sending an email to Arby's corporate head office but no reply. Does anyone know if there is an Arby's left in the GTA?

What website did you go to? I just typed in arbys.ca and got a Canadian site with a store search feature. It shows there are still some scattered around the GTA, including one in or beside Yorkdale.

Meanwhile Edmonton appears to have no less than 15 Arbys. They sure like beef in Alberta!

I also found this vague and disconcerting "Statement to Customers".

Back