Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

Yonge Street:

7173940894_55a86c6657_b.jpg

Aura:

7173950922_9eee4eac02_z.jpg

Poking out:

7173922336_82b8dc4543_c.jpg

Last edited:
That's interesting that they're not cladding the middle of the north elevation. Maybe that actually is curtainwall the whole way up. I'm not a fan of the project, but I am at least happy that they're running the curtainwall all the way down and not just transitioning at the mid-point

That's interesting that they're not cladding the middle of the north elevation. Maybe that actually is curtainwall the whole way up. I'm not a fan of the project, but I am at least happy that they're running the curtainwall all the way down and not just transitioning at the mid-point

That's what the renderings have always implied, although in light of the architectural firm in question there's been, shall we say, a lack of charity in these parts in assuming it until it actually went up. There are balconies on the middle of the south facade which may make things a bit interesting, but the implication is that the projecting strip is continuous with the tallest part of the tower.

No idea when we'll see actual curtainwall cladding go up. Might lag the windowwall by a fair bit. I think the north strip where the curtainwall would drop down is being used for the hoist, no?

Wow. I count today that it looks like its at the 23rd floor - and still well above the 23rd floor level of the DC across the street. This sucker is going to be a lot taller than a lot of people realize seeing its less than a 3rd of the way up so far (29.4% of the way up actually). Will the mechanical PH add anything to this height profile?

I was always dreading the window-wall section of this tower, but I'm loving what I'm seeing. I never imagined a mass of mullions would look so good! Also looking forward to seeing how the added retail will change the look and feel of the podium, as it's kind of a blank slate right now.

Amazing collection of shots cultrane. Like the one showing the front as I am assuming this glass here is what's going othe curved section. If so.. Wow. I'm very amazed. Other way this things epic so far and so eye catching in the sun. Quite unique for Toronto in the end. Or Canada for that matter. Nothing like it in our country.

Back