Toronto Spadina Subway Extension Emergency Exits | ?m | 1s | TTC | IBI Group

I'm not even sure it is a couple a day (a couple of each Bombardier aircraft rolled out, perhaps 5 per week?) and they tend to be during the day when many people would not be home.

7 aircraft movements (take-offs and landings) today per FlightAware (http://flightaware.com/live/airport/CYZD). That may be only IFR flights. Certainly not many. But NIMBYs would complain.

The big box stores are at the end of the Downsview Airport runway and it's unlikely that you could build much else there.

That doesn't excuse 2 of the 3 parking lots, however.

cant build 5 floor condos? anyways wilson has an abandoned bus bay as well... more wasted space.

Most likely can't build residential of any form.

even if you could build them.....could you sell them?

FWIW - I've heard the rumours of the VMC Walmart closing are just that. Kind of like those rumours of Wonderland moving that circulate every few years. I'm sure it will be gone in the not TOO distant future but I can't see it happening before the subway opens.

FWIW - I've heard the rumours of the VMC Walmart closing are just that. Kind of like those rumours of Wonderland moving that circulate every few years. I'm sure it will be gone in the not TOO distant future but I can't see it happening before the subway opens.

And it won't.
In fact not much will be done by the time the subway opens.. maybe Expo City Phase 1 will be ready with Phase 2 not too far behind.. but there won't be much else.

Ha - I guess it sounds that way but I heard it from someone who would definitively know.

I assumed you were confident in your source....sometimes I just find humour in how words sound when they are fitted together into otherwise logical statements....meant no offense!

i wonder how theyre gonna tunnell underneath steeles avenue without disrupting traffic? right now they are cutting into 2 lanes of steeles, will they pave over it, and move traffic over to the top 4 lanes, and cut the bottom? then re-route traffic over the top and bottom and cut and cover the middle lanes? who knows?

I saw TBM "Holey" being assembled in the East end of the Sheppard West launch shaft. 2 of the 3 modules are already in the shaft, while the third one was awaiting its turn above ground. I believe "Moley" should be coming back to Sheppard West within a month or two.

I saw TBM "Holey" being assembled in the East end of the Sheppard West launch shaft. 2 of the 3 modules are already in the shaft, while the third one was awaiting its turn above ground. I believe "Moley" should be coming back to Sheppard West within a month or two.

I appreciate that update. The TTC Spadina website seriously needs more timely updates. It shows Holey still chugging underground toward Finch West station.

And, now that I'm on the topic of the TTC Spadina web site not being updated, they have TBM Yorkie at Ottawa St but that is information nearly 3.5 months old! I would imagine it's now already at the other side of York U station. Can anyone corroborate that? Since they like to lead one of the TBMs two months ahead of the other, and TBM Torkie was reported on May 4 as crossing Ottawa St, it's obvious that Yorkie is much, much further along.

And, now that I'm on the topic of the TTC Spadina web site not being updated, they have TBM Yorkie at Ottawa St but that is information nearly 3.5 months old! I would imagine it's now already at the other side of York U station. Can anyone corroborate that? Since they like to lead one of the TBMs two months ahead of the other, and TBM Torkie was reported on May 4 as crossing Ottawa St, it's obvious that Yorkie is much, much further along.

I agree that the website hasn't been updated particularly well, but on the issue of Yorkie and Torkie, it is correct.

Both of those TBMs are currently "parked" near or under Observatory Rd. Because of the earlier accident and the amount of time required to release that site back to the contractors, the grouting that is supposed to be done under the Schulich building is running almost 6 months behind. Until the grouting is completed, the TBMs can not dig underneath the building.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

Back