751     0 
News   Mar 18, 2024
 2.5K     4 
News   Mar 18, 2024
 770     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sets the tone very nicely indeed - perhaps he should start working for Cirque du Soliel. On the bright side, he should show up at the Black Eagle and see whose pipe got cleaned in the end.

AoD

No. Seriously.
On come on.

Cherry is a freak - but even he wouldn't stoop to something that low in a public speech.

Try something a bit more believable ... he'd have to be a complete and total piece of s**t to say anything like that. Just becaue he's a Conservative, doesn't mean you should assume the worst of him.

Given the respect he has shown to the elected office and the council at large, perhaps I can expect the same type of behaviour when he is in a church? If not that why not? Just because you are famous doesn't give you the right to behave in such a manner in a place of solemn debate. Don Cherry or otherwise.

AoD

Eek, this stuff is pretty painful to watch for anyone who cares about the city... Any lower brow and we'd be blind.

It's OK to call Ford a fat piece of s**t, right, but call out the pinko's and the tears fall like rain. One is acceptable, the other offensive.

Cherry is saying what an awful lot of people are thinking (yes, hard to believe that people who disagree without you can think on their own). I think the results of the election bear testimony to that, but you lefties leave one with the impression that the majority are all idiots for not voting your way. Ahh, the arrogance. It sucks that people are allowed their opinions, isn't it. And it's even worse when they are allowed to vote.

If you find listening to Don Cherry offensive, how do you think most people feel like being forced to pay for your bike lanes?

It's OK to call Ford a fat piece of s**t, right, but call out the pinko's and the tears fall like rain. One is acceptable, the other offensive.
I'm not aware of anyone in a speech, televised or not, referring to Ford as a fat piece of s**t.

If you find listening to Don Cherry offensive, how do you think most people feel like being forced to pay for your bike lanes?
What, $50,000 compared to $3-billion for Ford's unnecessary gravy-train subways? Are you kidding me?

Anyone got some tar, feathers, and some rail (I think I saw some stored near Parliamenent recently. We need to run this freak show out of town.

I'm yet to see any media reports. Let's see what was really said, and what the context is. I just don't believe that Cherry is that kind of scum.

Waffler:

None of us are doing a speech in the council chambers, if you haven't noticed. What's offensive is not what he has said - but where he has said it. Would you tolerate your own children behaving in such a manner in a public setting of the same weight? Be honest. For all the nostalgia for the good old days, where is decorum and respect? For all your displeasures with Miller - do you see him swooping this low?

AoD

Last edited:

Sounds like you see those two things as somehow analogous - fully in line with the rest of your less-than-meticulously-thought-out logic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back