Toronto L-Tower | 204.82m | 58s | Cityzen | Daniel Libeskind

As I stated, we may see an external crane set-up like Eighth Avenue Place in Calgary. Due to the pointed roof and slanty penthouse suites, a crane in the centre of this tower still in position at the very end of construction may not be possible.

zx3i.jpg

(Courtesy Surrealplaces over at SSP http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?p=4869553#post4869553 )

Damn top climbers scare the crap out of me...

I hope I'm never asked to run one...

And yes it will be an external top climber at the L...

Confirmed by my friends at Premform who will be doing the form work...

Last edited:
You need to read back in the thread and look at the thread for 5-7 The Esplanade - most of the parking for the L Tower (address is 8, The Esplanade) will be on south side of The Esplanade in the lower floors of this building.

Thanks, didn't realize that.

Here is a pic of the crane being set up
attachment.php

And the crane already set up, all in one day.
attachment.php

Took the photos with my camera phone so resolution is shoddy.But you can see Buskerfest has already shut down Front St. in front of the Sony Centre on the second photo.
I agree with Ramako,on the weird angle of the crane, even if it is an external crane. Looks like it is too far from the building.

As I stated, we may see an external crane set-up like Eighth Avenue Place in Calgary. Due to the pointed roof and slanty penthouse suites, a crane in the centre of this tower still in position at the very end of construction may not be possible.

zx3i.jpg

(Courtesy Surrealplaces over at SSP http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?p=4869553#post4869553 )

thanks for the pic

i'm a big fan of eigth avenue place, its a great building and i would trade the L-tower for it if given the chance, i'm dissapointed they cancelled the old design. it looked much more engaging at ground level than the current design, not to mention it actually looked like an L :p

I agree with Ramako,on the weird angle of the crane, even if it is an external crane. Looks like it is too far from the building.

Yeah its very far off... But i would understand this positioning if they went ahead with the original proposal (with the big podium along Yonge). the crane would be perfectly suited for the old proposal... weird...

thanks for the pic

i'm a big fan of eigth avenue place, its a great building and i would trade the L-tower for it if given the chance, i'm dissapointed they cancelled the old design. it looked much more engaging at ground level than the current design, not to mention it actually looked like an L :p

The old podium was nice as it made the "L" more apparent, but if you think about it, the podium in the back can also serve as making the tower look like an L from certain angles.

Look at the SSP diagram:

http://skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/?cityID=12

Last edited:
Why's that, VDub?

All of the accidents in New York?? Top Climbers...

Miami where the tower section fell on the There's Something About Mary house??? Top climber...

To climb those cranes, you have to separate the top from the tower in order to lift it and insert a new section...

I'll stick to my nice bottom (inside) climbers where the whole structure lifts itself INSIDE the building thanx very much...

^ Looking at that picture of the top climber I wonder if the crane operator feels every vibration from the work going on in the building.

Maybe some but with an inside climber, you feel every little thing since the crane sits on steel beams which are sitting on the floor...

The Crane! The Crane!!

Sounds familiar, like I just used that phrase last week for Aura..

haha!!

all good, at least we know there blogger is reading this site, unless Cityzen is the blogger!!!

hmmmm..

Back