Toronto Ïce Condominiums at York Centre | 234.07m | 67s | Lanterra | a—A

Thanks for that rendering, wylie. It really demonstrates how dramatically the western approach into Union will change with the new construction. Exciting stuff.

It's pretty funny how they put an umlaut on the name.

I guess "Ice" wasn't ridiculous-sounding enough without one.

If they're going for Scandinavian inspiration, Ã…ce would have been a better name, especially because of the cheesy Base.

I don't follow the umlaut over the "I"? In Swedish, this happens over an "O" or "A" sometimes, but an I? Even in German this is a load of horseshit..I hate marketing and their quest to makes things cool or hip/different. Its just like using the term uber (I omitted the umlaut), as in "that is uber cool..!

p5

I don't follow the umlaut over the "I"? In Swedish, this happens over an "O" or "A" sometimes, but an I? Even in German this is a load of horseshit..I hate marketing and their quest to makes things cool or hip/different. Its just like using the term uber (I omitted the umlaut), as in "that is uber cool..!

p5

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heavy_metal_umlaut

^^Thanks for that! And like you posted before, the sounding would be correct too - an umlaut over a letter like "o" makes it sound like "eugh" - put that over an "i" and you get "Ace"! technically i guess!

Ice Condos

That will be the name of the condo's across from the ACC.

They will be 55s and 65s and they are having a presentation today.

We already knew the name but not about the presentation. Where are they having it?

It's part of York Centre which consists of Approximately 2.8 acres; including two high-rise condo towers with 65 and 55 storeys respectively, as well as a 31 storey 800,000 square foot office building. Ice Condo units are from 400 SF studios to 1,100 SF 3 Bedroom, Suites will contain high level finished which will include granite countertops, stainless steel European energy efficient appliances and Scandinavian-inspired kitchen design and hardwood floors.

It will also be connected to PATH.

This project sure smells like a lead up to another sales launch event that will turn out to be like 1 Bloor again targeted with all the craziness and investors ... I read posts by that say the builder is offering 'no fee for reassignment', which is perfect for people flipping units .... SIGH :confused:

We already knew the name but not about the presentation. Where are they having it?

It's part of York Centre which consists of Approximately 2.8 acres; including two high-rise condo towers with 65 and 55 storeys respectively, as well as a 31 storey 800,000 square foot office building. Ice Condo units are from 400 SF studios to 1,100 SF 3 Bedroom, Suites will contain high level finished which will include granite countertops, stainless steel European energy efficient appliances and Scandinavian-inspired kitchen design and hardwood floors.

It will also be connected to PATH.

I can't seem to find anything on here about this development. drove by the area this morning and there's a huge billboard up. (right across from Telus tower under construction.)

http://www.ice-condos.com/?gclid=CK2qjLLgpJQCFQLBsgodbSRHtg

I saw the billboard as well. I came across http://icecondostoronto.com/ which
seems like it's the official site for the condo but it's so incredibly amateurish
that I can't believe it's the actual site. The site is close to york and bremner
and brokers are offering vip previews on various sites for two towers of
55 and 65 stories respectively. Clewes is the designer/architect and is going
with a "Scandinavian" theme.

Came across the following text online:

Long awaited ICE CONDOMINIUM coming soon, Steps to Toronto's Waterfront, Air Canada Centre, Union Station, the financial core, and Rogers Center (Sky dome).

York Centre consists of Approximately 2.8 acres and is surrounded by Bremner Street to the north, York Street to the east, and Lake Shore Boulevard to the south. It is immediately across the street from Lanterra's landmark project, MAPLE LEAF SQUARE.

YORK CENTRE will include two high-rise Ice Condominium towers with 65 and 55 storeys respectively, as well as a 31 storey 800,000 square foot office building. The buildings are being designed to surround a magnificently landscaped nearly 1 acre public space, which will be the focal point of the community and be surrounded by various retail uses and be directly connected by the PATH system across York Street to the financial core. The PATH corridor connecting York Centre to MAPLE LEAF SQUARE will open directly in to the Longo's 40,000 square foot supermarket located in the concourse level of MAPEL LEAF SQUARE

Probably just some 2-bit realtors creating a site so they can get your info and convince you to buy during their "vip pricing" event (or whatever nonsense they call it).

Back