News   Mar 28, 2024
 926     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 531     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 830     0 

Restaurant Comings & Goings

It's a pretty big space. I wonder who will replace them.

Anyone been here yet? Just saw this on my way up Bay (just not of College) to Via Vai.

IMG_7422.jpg

Love the doors!

Attachments

• IMG_7422.jpg
    IMG_7422.jpg
    312.1 KB · Views: 1,039
Speaking of Via Vai…

1DSC00804.jpg

2IMG_7442.jpg

3IMG_7447.jpg

4IMG_7437.jpg

5IMG_7439.jpg

6IMG_7452.jpg

Via Vai has soft-opened, grand opening some time in June. Great space, Sandro Martini's art looks great in here (despite one glass panel now thoroughly fragmented), good pizza (but not the very best I have had in town), fun service, if a little scattered as there is still some training going on. The oven is gas-fired as opposed to wood fired as the space does not have the ventilation needed for a wood oven.

Attachments

• 1DSC00804.jpg
    1DSC00804.jpg
    287.7 KB · Views: 994
  • 2IMG_7442.jpg
    2IMG_7442.jpg
    389.7 KB · Views: 1,122
  • 3IMG_7447.jpg
    3IMG_7447.jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 1,036
  • 4IMG_7437.jpg
    4IMG_7437.jpg
    235.9 KB · Views: 1,001
  • 5IMG_7439.jpg
    5IMG_7439.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 984
  • 6IMG_7452.jpg
    6IMG_7452.jpg
    236.7 KB · Views: 1,206
Anyone been here yet? Just saw this on my way up Bay (just not of College) to Via Vai.

I went to Tosto on the day they opened. It was kind of a letdown. The ingredients looked and sounded great but the pizza was just bland. I'd try them again in the future though - no restaurant's going to get every order flawless on their first day.

I went to Tosto on the day they opened. It was kind of a letdown. The ingredients looked and sounded great but the pizza was just bland. I'd try them again in the future though - no restaurant's going to get every order flawless on their first day.

I commend your attitude here.......no industry suffers more from the "only get one chance to make a good first impression" than restos.........don't know how many times i have raved about a place I like only to hear "went there once it was awful"....yes everyone has bad days and they really should be judged over more than one visit.

Last edited:
The Second Cup on the northwestern corner of Bay and College has closed, and so has the Timothy's on the northeastern corner. We might have reached a coffee saturation point in the neighbourhood.

The Second Cup on the northwestern corner of Bay and College has closed, and so has the Timothy's on the northeastern corner. We might have reached a coffee saturation point in the neighbourhood.

Neither are for reno's?
Any "for lease" signs or "coming soon" signs up?

Ah that's too bad, used to go to the Timothy's a lot. Total TPS watering hole.

AoD

Toronto Philatelists Society?
Tea Partiers' Syndicate?
Tuareg Public Servants?
Technology Partner Services?
Theoretical Particle Systems?
Tremulous Phantom Seekers?
Total Purge Symbionts?
Tight Pants Survivors?
Terrible Parisian Supervisors?
Teenage Pedophile Swingers?

Back