News   Mar 28, 2024
 611     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 372     0 

Wealthiest Neighborhood?

Cooool

Member Bio
Reaction score
Based on personal opinion what is the wealthiest neighborhood in the GTA? Biggest houses.

Technically Rosedale has the highest earners in TO, but it doesn't look that spectacular to me. I think the Bridle Path has the biggest houses in the GTA next to Lakeshore Road in Oakville. Mississauga Road South of Dundas has some monstrous houses too.

Some median neighbourhood 2007 prices, all above $2 million:

Bridle Path-Sunnybrook-York Mills - $4667500
Forest Hill South - $4320000
Rosedale-Moore Park - $3879750
Casa Loma - $3163000
Edenbridge-Humber Valley - $2940300
St. Andrew-Windfields - $2337500
Humewood-Cedarvale - $2249000
Annex - $2219000
Birch Cliff-Cliffside - $2148000

The page is incomplete, but does have most of the neighbourhoods. It's also 2007, but apparently the page is supposed to be updated this fall.

Last edited:
Based on personal opinion what is the wealthiest neighborhood in the GTA? Biggest houses.

Technically Rosedale has the highest earners in TO, but it doesn't look that spectacular to me. I think the Bridle Path has the biggest houses in the GTA next to Lakeshore Road in Oakville. Mississauga Road South of Dundas has some monstrous houses too.

I have no idea where the biggest houses are, but I'm sure the "old money" families in Rosedale can still buy outright any Bridal Path residents assets.

Beyond a certain point, house size doesn't correlate well to net worth. Especially when a family owns more than one house, like a million dollar cottage in Muskoka and a condo in South Beach.

The largest and most tackiest mansions are found in the Bridle Path Area. House sizes there rage from 10 thousand to 50 thousand sq ft. Unfortunately a lot of old ranch style houses in the Bayview York Mills area have been replace with stucco mcmansions. :mad:

Bridle Path

Yeah, some of those Bridle Path mansions look like hotels. I went on a garden tour through there, and I remember the bigger ones looking remarkably sterile. Not surprisingly though, as it would be very difficult for the owner to truly personalize the garden unless he worked in it seven days a week.

You're equation of house size and wealth and skepticism about Rosedale suggests that you're some nouveau riche suburban-American wannabe :p .

i concur ...

old money and the truly wealthy don't need to flaunt it;
it's usually the nouveau riche who have the desire and need to say "i've arrived" ... look at some of the 'bling' rappers, athletes, dot-commers bought with their new found wealth.

also, look at the amount of consumerism ppl bought into in the past decade with easy credit ...
those with incomes < $50K were buying $500K monster homes, LV bags, Gucci sunglasses, with leased Mercedes Benz/BMW in the driveways.

Some median neighbourhood 2007 prices, all above $2 million:

Bridle Path-Sunnybrook-York Mills - $4667500
Forest Hill South - $4320000
Rosedale-Moore Park - $3879750
Casa Loma - $3163000
Edenbridge-Humber Valley - $2940300
St. Andrew-Windfields - $2337500
Humewood-Cedarvale - $2249000
Annex - $2219000
Birch Cliff-Cliffside - $2148000

The page is incomplete, but does have most of the neighbourhoods. It's also 2007, but apparently the page is supposed to be updated this fall.

Bridle Path - Sunnybrok - York Mills and St. Andrew - Windfields can be considered as one area. And thus, their values averaged out.

If you want to seperate them out then a better division would be Bridle Path - Sunnybrook and Windfields - Hogg's Hollow (Old Yonge, St. Andrew).

And then you have the boardering areas such as Banbury, Rippleton and even Bond.

Personally I prefer mostly the Windfields area. It's one of the few areas in this circle to me that feels right. The Bridle Path/Post Road area is simply scary.

Last edited:
When I ask which neighbourhood is the wealthiest I don't mean based on cold, hard facts. I just want to know which neighbourhood seems the wealthiest based on observation. I would say The Bridle Path looks the richest because the houses are practically shopping malls. Rosedale seems a little more modest. Forest Hill is somewhere inbetween both.

But any wealthy areas outside the Toronto? I heard Kleinburg has some monstrous houses. A few areas in Richmond Hill and Markham have some mansions too.

And Lakeshore Road in Oakville contains this Behemoth:

001.jpg

And this:

2006_11_04_Edgemere.jpg

I remember when a house was listed in Oakville at the highest price ever recorded in Canada. It was like $30 million I believe. I'm not sure if it ever sold or for what price though. I think the most expensive homes in Canada are in Oakville and Victoria.

I've heard Burlington has the highest number of billionaires per capita with 3(Michael Lee Chin, Ron Joyce, and one more...Barry Sherman?)

I've heard Burlington has the highest number of billionaires per capita with 3(Michael Lee Chin, Ron Joyce, and one more...Barry Sherman?)

AFAIK Michael Lee-Chin lives in Hamilton, Flamborough specifically.

Maybe one of the Westons live out that way now?

I remember when a house was listed in Oakville at the highest price ever recorded in Canada. It was like $30 million I believe. I'm not sure if it ever sold or for what price though. I think the most expensive homes in Canada are in Oakville and Victoria.

It did sell, its the house pictured below. It sold for land value only and is being redeveloped into townhomes.

2006_11_04_Edgemere.jpg

I attended a party thrown by the new owners before they tore it down. It sold for about 36 mill, and was quite the house.

Last edited:

Back