Legacy, Ultra, Yorkland @ Heron's Hill Condos (Monarch Homes) - Real Estate

Rocky

Member Bio
Reaction score
Ultra - tentative occupacy is June 2012.

they are offering 20K+ off on select units as per their email advertisment. Anyone has any idea which ones are the ones they are letting go for 20G cheaper than the listed price ? would these be the ones that are crappy on the layout and hard for them to sell ? Just curious to know why they wrote on select units !

they are offering 20K+ off on select units as per their email advertisment. Anyone has any idea which ones are the ones they are letting go for 20G cheaper than the listed price ? would these be the ones that are crappy on the layout and hard for them to sell ? Just curious to know why they wrote on select units !

that would be my guess. They have a few layouts that i find ridiculous. Don't know what the designers are thinking. However, they are slightly better than the layouts than their Couture site. I laugh everytime i see those floorplans - i guess the designer wanted to "try something new" and be "unique" by designing inefficient floorplans. Hoping it'll become the new fad, perhaps? lol.

The 20k off I heard is the 665 unit. That's the only unit I heard that have this limited time promotion. Perhaps this is one of few units they still have many unsold. I was quoted around mid 260K for like a 16th flr BEFORE the 20K deduction.

c78616b1-db55-414e-8c3b-cc9ac95411af_floorPlan.jpg

Vista 722 suite, my thoughts:

PROS
  1. nice wide useable balcony
  2. walk in closet in master bedroom provides dream storage space
  3. sliding door access to balcony from all rooms

CONS
  • both bedrooms are small (10x10 and 9x9)
  • washer/dryer located in master bedroom is awkward
  • wasted space wtih approx 8 foot long hallway @ entry
  • enclosed/separate kitchen makes the unit looks smaller, maybe little clausphobic to cook in ... this is more typical of condo from mid-1990s ?
  • balcony is shared/connected with units on both sides, only separated by 'privacy screens' which often provide little privacy
  • 16'6" long living/dining room will be insufficient to put dining table and sofa, for typical living/dining room arrangments I believe 18'6" is minimum ... this space would only work if you plan for small round table and love seat

I'd say another con is the fact that the suite only has one bathroom.

The suite is also north facing which means practically no sunlight year round.

well given they were able to make a 2-bedroom suite out of 722 sq.ft., I'm not completely suprised there's only 1 bathroom

well given they were able to make a 2-bedroom suite out of 722 sq.ft., I'm not completely suprised there's only 1 bathroom

Very true. My first condo was about the same size and had one bedroom and one bath, no den or anything and I felt it was terribly cramped (not to mention it was a corner unit with big bright windows). I can't imagine how this would feel.

What do you think about the ultra Vista 722 floor plan ? It seems to have interesting balance of space allocation but is a little heavily priced dont you think

I was thinking exactly the same...it's a very safe layout, but Solaris has pointed out some notable flaws which I kind of overlooked. Yeah having the washer/dryer in the master bedroom is kind of odd, but I guess is something I can overcome. I also wished I had my own detached balcony, but what can you do. Sunlight will almost be non existent, but I think with the big windows and on higher flrs, there will be a lot of light in general.

Hey Solaris,

What do you think about unit 655? I'm not a big fan of open kitchen concept sharing with living room. The den is a lot smaller and the long wasted hallway to the door. It is however $40k cheaper. Do you think this would be better compared to 722 given it's that much cheaper? What I do like about 655 is it has its own detached balcony and it's facing east. It's a corner unit so even though you're partly facing north, you will get some morning sunlight coming from the east.

Last edited:
I was thinking exactly the same...it's a very safe layout, but Solaris has pointed out some notable flaws which I kind of overlooked. Yeah having the washer/dryer in the master bedroom is kind of odd, but I guess is something I can overcome. I also wished I had my own detached balcony, but what can you do. Sunlight will almost be non existent, but I think with the big windows and on higher flrs, there will be a lot of light in general.

I was wondering that this is the only unit that now has its price increased from 279 - 293K and was wondering if there are any pros that i was overlooking. I don't see prices for any others going high on Ultra on the website - would any one know the reason why !?

Keep in mind that there are typically floor premiums (~1K per floor), so it is entirely possible that the price increase is just the result of the lower floors being sold out.

306e5cf9-872f-4899-90cb-f4141e083ae3_floorPlan.jpg

animatrix ... here's my 2 cents worth on the Ultimo 655 suite ~

PROs
  1. nice size bedroom (in today's standards)
  2. den is decent sized and is nicely separated with very usable walls
  3. those are killer corner windows, will surely make the unit 'feel' larger
  4. great balcony space which is very useable, its great that it is visually connecting to the living/dining room making it feel like a 'bonus space'

CONs
  1. mega wasted hallway space that is approx 14' long at entrance
  2. not sure how you can configure furniture in the living/dining room given kitchen cabinetry + window locations
  3. east view may be partially obstructed by Legacy (phase 1), see site plan below
  4. linear kitchen may be inefficient and provides little counter space, however this seems to be the new 'norm'?

monarchsiteplan.jpg

Last edited:
I was wondering that this is the only unit that now has its price increased from 279 - 293K and was wondering if there are any pros that i was overlooking. I don't see prices for any others going high on Ultra on the website - would any one know the reason why !?

The professor is right. I believe the initial price you saw was starting at one of the lower floors. The price at 293k reflects the latest update starting at the 24th flr I think.

Back