Forest Hill Condos, The (Lash Development, The Goldman Group) - Real Estate -

Indeed (thanks :) )

Just wondering if anyone has any opinions on the project, has bought there etc..
Seems like a fairly low profile project..

Low profile, low quality. They are taking a dramatic step by trying to gentrify west of the psychological bathurst street barrier. There's nothing extraordinary about this project that makes you think that it will hold its value. It has taken exponentially longer to get off the ground than comparable projects signaling a high level of inexperience on the part of the developer.

There's nothing extraordinary about this project that makes you think that it will hold its value.

Location. An easy and quick subway ride downtown.

I tend to agree with Ed. Although Bathurst and St. Clair may not be the classiest area of town, it is another of several nabes which might be considered "on the way up", with future potential. Not only is it steps from the subway, but I wonder how many people have checked out the good restaurant scene which is recently developing along this section of St. Clair.

I can't comment on the project itself, other than to say that it is indeed taking a while to market. I wonder if it's wise to have targeted it at a "Forest Hill" market, as they seem to have done to some extent, or whether they should have gone more to the mid-market.

wow, you sound like you hate the place! lol (all opinions are valid :) )
I think the area has good potential for growth, and money is already coming into the area west of Bathurst. TD, and Starbucks have bought in the building too.
It's not in Forest hill as far as I can tell, but couldn't be much closer!
I wonder what future developments in the area will have as starting prices. I guess a lot depends on how well this building's construction is followed through..
I agree it seems a little slow to get off the ground.

wow, you sound like you hate the place! lol (all opinions are valid :) )
I think the area has good potential for growth, and money is already coming into the area west of Bathurst. TD, and Starbucks have bought in the building too.
It's not in Forest hill as far as I can tell, but couldn't be much closer!
I wonder what future developments in the area will have as starting prices. I guess a lot depends on how well this building's construction is followed through..
I agree it seems a little slow to get off the ground.

Definitely don't hate it, in fact I admire the developers gusto if not his taste of architecture, just familiar with the area and the difficult problems that plague that stretch of St. Clair. The housing stock northwest of that building is an impediment to any real gentrification imo.

500 St Clair West

I just joined so may not be posting this appropriately.

I bought at 500 St Clair West in late 2005 on one of the lower floors. I have received a letter recently that said my tentative move-in date has been moved to December 2009.

The sales centre immediately to the west of the hoardings is almost finished. I would bet it will be open within a couple of weeks -- it's for Phase II -- 530 St Clair West -- so the letter from the developers said.

Are there any other people who have bought there who have joined this forum? I wouldn't mind comparing notes.

Stella

31 october 2008 photo update

I think there's 2 threads for this project, couldn't find the other one so I'll stick the photo here:

DSC00275-1.jpg

I couldn't find the other thread either, my links to it are dead. Are there any other purchasers here for 500 St. Clair W? If so are you guys worried? I haven't seen any development at the building site in months, and they're supposed to be done in about a year.

Back