246     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 287     0 

Looking to buy... could use some input.

fencejack

Member Bio
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm currently in the market for a 1 bdrm or 1+1 bdrm condo. There are a couple units in Cityplace that catch my eye;one unit in West One and the other in The Gallery. Looking for both good and bad things people know about these buildings and the area.

I am also contemplating on purchasing a pre-construction unit in corktown. It is currently in construction so I wouldn't be waiting 2+ years to move in. This unit is similar to the above mentioned but would be much more modern. It would also have a much larger balcony and high ceilings. The drawback is that it comes at a slightly higher price tag. Should I try to find a deal in resale and work my way up to a more expensive unit down the road or buy the pre-construction unit and build up a bigger downpayment until it's built?

Thanks in advance.

I have 2 assignments for key west condos at park lawn and lakeshore on the 23rd floor facing SOUTH unit 2301 1bedroom +Media 595+75sqft balcony includes parking and locker with cap on levies for $329,900 and another unit beside it 2302 1 bedroom + Den 630+80sqft balcony parking and locker included for $353,900 levies capped 9ft ceilings, all stainless steel appliances ,granite counter tops etc.. email me if you are interested we can about price and can send pictures of what the area is going to look like with a good view of the lake jptelesca@rogers.com

seriously ?!?

$550 psf for middle of no where without direct access to public transit (30 minutes just to get to Royal York / Bloor station)

Hi fencejack, I saw your post while trying to find out how to advertise our condo in this forum. To answer your question...I don't know of any good or bad things about Cityplace. We did look there, years ago, but ended up purchasing here at the Harbourfront (Queen's Quay) because we were concerned with how the view from the unit will be once all the Cityplace condos have been completed. If you purchase there now, you'll most likely know if your views will be "permanent" since most of their buildings have been built (?)

However, it seems our waterfront condo meets the requirements you listed: 1 + 1 bedrooms (2 washrooms), high ceilings, and the balcony is one of the largest in our building. Parking and locker available but you don't have to purchase these if you don't need them. The Pier 27 condo we bought is nearing completion, hence the reason for selling our current home. Maybe we can help each other and I don't have to post in the For Sale section ;) Incidentally, I noticed that it's agents who do the posting there. If you are interested, please email: harbourf@gmail.com

Hi all,

I'm currently in the market for a 1 bdrm or 1+1 bdrm condo. There are a couple units in Cityplace that catch my eye;one unit in West One and the other in The Gallery. Looking for both good and bad things people know about these buildings and the area.

I am also contemplating on purchasing a pre-construction unit in corktown. It is currently in construction so I wouldn't be waiting 2+ years to move in. This unit is similar to the above mentioned but would be much more modern. It would also have a much larger balcony and high ceilings. The drawback is that it comes at a slightly higher price tag. Should I try to find a deal in resale and work my way up to a more expensive unit down the road or buy the pre-construction unit and build up a bigger downpayment until it's built?

Thanks in advance.

fencejack's post was from 5 years ago !

Hi fencejack, I saw your post while trying to find out how to advertise our condo in this forum. To answer your question...I don't know of any good or bad things about Cityplace. We did look there, years ago, but ended up purchasing here at the Harbourfront (Queen's Quay) because we were concerned with how the view from the unit will be once all the Cityplace condos have been completed. If you purchase there now, you'll most likely know if your views will be "permanent" since most of their buildings have been built (?)

However, it seems our waterfront condo meets the requirements you listed: 1 + 1 bedrooms (2 washrooms), high ceilings, and the balcony is one of the largest in our building. Parking and locker available but you don't have to purchase these if you don't need them. The Pier 27 condo we bought is nearing completion, hence the reason for selling our current home. Maybe we can help each other and I don't have to post in the For Sale section ;) Incidentally, I noticed that it's agents who do the posting there. If you are interested, please email: harbourf@gmail.com

Hey, have u tried any agents? They may help you out. I got my house through an agent. You can contact this real estate agent called Royal LePage Real Estate Services Ltd, Ontario. They got me something which was under my budget. Try contacting them. They may help you out.

how do I start a post in here?
My god such bad website.
sorry for hijacking your post....could not find anywhere else to ask?

Back