Urban Toronto - Powered by vBulletin
UrbanToronto News - the latest headlines
Photo of the Day: Look Down
ALSO

Thread: New book celebrates University of Toronto Architecture

1. Default New book celebrates University of Toronto Architecture

"Professor Larry Richards, an architect, administrator and teacher who has done much to advance the cause of the beautiful, the useful and the meaningful -- all via bricks and mortar -- over his 40-year career.

Richards, former dean (1997-2004) of the John H. Daniels Faculty of Architecture, Landscape, and Design, has just launched an architectural guide to U of T, the first in the Princeton Architectural Press series to feature a Canadian university.

The Campus Guide: University of Toronto is organized into a series of nine walking tours that encompass all three campuses, ending with an offcampus walk in the surrounding area. The guide features more than 170 of the institution's finest buildings, a foreword written by the current dean of architecture, Professor George Baird, an insightful introduction by University Professor Emeritus Martin Friedland, author of The University of Toronto: A History, and gorgeous photographs by U of T architecture graduate Tom Arban. It is a book that has been five years in the making."

Quoted from the U of T website:

http://www.news.utoronto.ca/lead-sto...hitecture.html
    "Fish will be the last to discover water."

2. Default

On this topic, can anyone pleas recommend a good guide to hi-rise construction from the perspective of a developer? I am working on a few small projects and want to enhance my knowledge of building and materials.

Thank you very much!

He was my first-ever architecture prof... I loved his course! Quite an inspirational start to my career

He's also the one who presented an award to me for a project I did. <3 LWR.

Quote Originally Posted by mybrainsyourmoney View Post
    On this topic, can anyone pleas recommend a good guide to hi-rise construction from the perspective of a developer? I am working on a few small projects and want to enhance my knowledge of building and materials.

Thank you very much!
    It's a bit older, but an interesting read:

Skyscraper by Karl Sabbagh

http://www.amazon.com/Skyscraper-Mak.../dp/0140152849

5. Default

Thank you very much Greenleaf. That's great.

This site is a great resource guys!