News   Apr 15, 2024
 1.2K     0 
News   Apr 15, 2024
 2.5K     7 

GO/TTC-friendly folding bikes

cjinniss

Member Bio
Reaction score
Does anyone use a folding bike? I am allowed to bring mine on GO during rush hour, even without being in one of the cycle cars.

Inter-modal transit is the easiest way to ditch your car.

Does anyone use a folding bike? I am allowed to bring mine on GO during rush hour, even without being in one of the cycle cars.

Inter-modal transit is the easiest way to ditch your car.

Yeah! Woot! Folding bikes for the win!

Technically GO does not have cycle friendly cars, only cars where bikes are not allowed at any time (the wheelchair accessible car).

What kind do you ride?

I've got a strida 5.0. It uses a belt instead of a chain so its allowed bag-less everywhere. Its pretty sweet.

They actually JUST came to Canada/Toronto

Nice!

You'd be able to take that almost anywhere inside the bus since it folds up so small.

I'm more of a Dahon-style rider myself...

Folding bikes rock.

I have a Bike Friday New World Tourist. I don't actually fold it that often though. I bought it more for the fact that it's an excellent touring bike that can be packed into a suitcase for bus/train/air travel. Still great for commuting, hauling cargo trailers, etc. too.

I have brought it onto GO buses and trains a whole bunch of times now, as well as OC Transpo and TTC buses and streetcars a few times.

If I were to get another folding bike specifically for the purpose of multi-modal travel, I would probably opt for a Bike Friday Tikit or a Brompton.

Cheers,
Vic

Back