News   Apr 15, 2024
 972     0 
News   Apr 15, 2024
 2.1K     5 
News   Apr 15, 2024
 653     0 

Corktown Mews (51 River St n of Queen E, Fieldgate Homes, 3s, Viljoen Architect)

51 River Street

I am sure that there is a thread for these photos but can't find it. Although I like townhouses, I wonder if these should have had the ground floor level with the sidewalk to increase convertability for live/work space which is what I would expect for a dwelling on what is about to become a very busy road.

Photos taken 6 December 2012

IMG_1542_1-XL.jpg

IMG_1541_1-XL.jpg

IMG_1543_1-XL.jpg

The area around River & Queen is pretty amazing in that it has an abundance of these infill projects with mews, laneways and alleyways and all kinds of homes that are hidden from the street. It should mature into a very interesting neighbourhood.

+1 And just to think that there was a crackhouse immediately south of this project (where they park their trucks during construction) that finally got condemned and demo'd. Was hoping Fieldgate would build more of the same towns on the site...and maybe they plan on doing this, I'm not sure of the plans for it. Regardless, a huge, huge, huge improvement and welcome addition to the neighbourhood.

Back