News   Mar 28, 2024
 170     0 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.9K     1 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.2K     2 

Media coverage

Interesting discussion over at the Torontoist site, with Adam Vaughan basically giving a face wash to the charette group. It explains in more detail why Adam was not involved in a project that held so much potential in his ward. He comes across as a bit of a turd and appears to be only interested in listening to those citizens that align with his beliefs and issues (meaning civic issues, clubs, development, etc). As Nigel commented in his response if there is more than just a box truss being developed then why not show it.

Found this site through Spacing. Looks interesting and I anticipate being on here a lot more when I have time. Some great designs on here, I really love 6,12,13,14,15 and 16. With enough buzz maybe we can get the city to invest in some civic pride for this city, not just a design that they can get on a tight penny pinching budget.

After reading Adam Vaughan's comments it seems the bridge has already been designed and given the seal of approval. He does come off as fairly smug something I never thought he was. It would be nice if in the future the city held more public design contests where contracts that end up using taxpayers money or impact public places were set up. If this artists design is realy that good then he/she shouldn't be afraid of a little competition. Let the people decide I say, we shouldn't let Adam and the Concord Pacific suits decide what design will be best for us.

After reading Adam Vaughan's comments it seems the bridge has already been designed and given the seal of approval. He does come off as fairly smug something I never thought he was. It would be nice if in the future the city held more public design contests where contracts that end up using taxpayers money or impact public places were set up. If this artists design is realy that good then he/she shouldn't be afraid of a little competition. Let the people decide I say, we shouldn't let Adam and the Concord Pacific suits decide what design will be best for us.

Where are his comments? I couldn't find them.

^Thanks.

His response wasn't actually that bad, though he could've been more encouraging. These are the kinds of efforts he should be applauding.

I was at that community meeting a couple of months back, and Vaughan made it clear then that a truss bridge was a non-starter. The rep from Concorde suggested that the truss rendering was nothing but a an image representative of a one possible design, and that Concorde wanted to work closely with the city to have a bridge created that would be fitting for the area and of good design. Both the city and Concorde were being stymied by GO, which had a host of barriers and regulations that made designing the structure very problematic.

By every indication then, there were efforts to improve the design already underway. Concorde is the one paying for the bridge, not taxpayers.

Back