News   Mar 28, 2024
 151     0 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.8K     1 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.2K     2 

Submission 3: Andrew Alfred-Duggan - cable-stayed "fists"

How would you rate Submission 3 out of ten?

Votes: 6 4.8%

Votes: 7 5.6%

Votes: 14 11.1%

Votes: 15 11.9%

Votes: 15 11.9%

Votes: 8 6.3%

Votes: 24 19.0%

Votes: 8 6.3%

Votes: 10 7.9%

Votes: 19 15.1%

• Total voters

3Dementia

Member Bio
Reaction score
Designer: Andrew Alfred-Duggan

Bridge Type: cable-stayed

Project Description: see below

Poll: attached

DESCRIPTION
Here is my concept design of a light cable stayed Pedestrian Bridge with the bridge towers being sculpted concrete forearms with hands holding the cables. *"Dummy" cables would splay out behind the fists. *Chances are this design would cost much more than 10 million dollars...I am not qualified to give even an estimation of what this design would cost. enjoy!

IMAGES
Duggan1.jpg

That's pretty cool but maybe a little 'too' out there for Toronto. The forearms would stick out (good or bad) big time in this city. Unfortunately I don't think this is realistic. I still give it a 7.

It kind of reminds me of the Gibraltar guards (IIRC) from mythology. Or any giant guarding statues from sci fi/fantasy, think neverending story, Lord of the Rings, etc.

Very very cool. Thinking it's too "out there" for Toronto is exactly why Toronto continues to be conservative. You have to change your way of thinking and influence other people with how "cool" this city could actually be.

It may be not as constructive a post as others but, it nevertheless is still an opinion.

Sorry but, it's gimmicky and tacky and the subjectively authoritative message isn't one to inspire. If that's what cool is than I'll gladly trade in my contacts for horn-rimmed glasses.

P.S. Didn't you get in trouble elsewhere for overstepping your bounds? You would think you would have learned something.

Back