News   Mar 28, 2024
 560     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 357     0 

Blue Jays

Build Up

Member Bio
Reaction score
If anyone has noticed the jays have gotten off to their best start in nine years. they are 10-4 and 2.5 games up on the yankees. hopefully they can keep this streak going for the rest of the year. if anyone is interested i will post the score of each game and their record.

Not sure if it's necessary to post the score and their record after every game...

I'm pretty impressed with the way they've been hitting so far. It's much easier on a young and inexperience pitching staff when they aren't put in positions where they feel they need to be the difference. Even then, on Sunday when Romero had to go as deep into the game as possible, he shut out the A's and had some really commanding stuff. With Doc starting on tomorrow, 11-4 should be a reality and that's incredible. Honestly, as much as people are saying that this is a bit of luck or not going to last, really it doesn't have to. Being 7 games over .500, they just have to play .500 ball over the rest of the year to sit at 87+ wins. That could be good enough for a playoff spot, or at least they'd be in the mix. Plus, it gives a lot of hope for 2010 when Mcgowan and Marcum return. Imagine a rotation of Halladay, McGowan, Marcum, Romero and Litsch! Then you figure Snider will only get better and they'll probably get some cash to spend on a free agent or two, or they can dangle Purcey or Richmond in front of a team that needs some pitching and get a decent player in return.

Honestly, things haven't seemed this bright for the Jays in a while. It's going to take some patience, but I think it'll be a fun year and a REALLY fun couple of years going forward.

It's starting to feel like a real version of Major League. I think i'll throw that movie on sometime this week if things continue.

Great playing so far and let's hope they keep it up.

It's starting to feel like a real version of Major League. I think i'll throw that movie on sometime this week if things continue.

Great playing so far and let's hope they keep it up.
ya most people think that the jays will not be able to keep their record for the whole season, me im not sure but im optimistic and hope that maybe the offence will pick up the pitchers when there not having a good night. They are playing the texas rangers who have almost as many runs batted in as the jays. Halladay is pitching tonight so it is pretty much a garunteed win but the other two games will be high scoring for both teams. i think that they will come out with 2/3 in the series

As long as we keep winnings most of the series were in great shape. I read yesterday in Sport Illustrated that the Jay's had the 3rd best record in baseball last year after Cito came back.

I've been optimistic about the Jay's for the past few years and nothing was more frustrating watching them playing last spring. They had so many games they could have won if they had the batting they've had this spring.

They lost 5-4 to the rangers close at the end but they couldn't complete the comeback. They seen to be winning 2 then loosing 1. its ok hopefully they will win the next two. they are 1.5 games up on the yankees.............(i think)

I blame you to be honest. Calling tonight's game "a guarantee" because Halladay was starting gave me some bad vibes when I first read it a few hours ago.

I agree. Baseball players are some of the most superstitious athletes, and it wears off on the fans too. One of my exes used to always say "we've won" when it was in the 8th and the Jays were up, but then a misplayed ball here, a fastball over the plate and another loss for the Jays.

I've been most impressed this year with Hill. He's been pretty much solid thus far, especially with the bat. Tonight he played awesome with a few key defensive plays, HR to tie the game at 3 apiece, and with 1-down in the bottom of the ninth gets himself into scoring position with the meat of the order to follow. The 8th and the 9th reminded me a lot of last year where we would have the runners in scoring position with less than 2 outs, but not getting any runs in.

actually after i posted a garunteed win i was a little nevous myself. im not a supersticus person but after that i had a bad feeling. lol not going to do that again:D. hopefully they can win the next two.

The day after I compliment Hill on his defence, an off target throw to first on the tail end of a potential double play led to a runner on base, who would score on Michael Young's tying homerun in the top of the 9th. Still doesn't excuse Ryan's poor performance. He hasn't been all that effective since he came back from his injury last year, imo.

The Millar signing has been a really good one so far this season.

That throw by Hill was caused mostly by the runner sliding into second. You still expect him to get it on target and not that far outside, but it happens. You're right, Ryan hasn't been the same since Tommy John. You never know if he's going to pitch a gem or do what he did last night. Although Frasor and Downs are pitching really well, so it's not like they have to throw Ryan on the mound in every save situation.

The runner sliding into second did have some impact on the throw to first, but no more than your routine 6-4-3 double play ball. As you said it happens. Hill probably wanted to really help Ryan out and was focused on that.

I just read Romero was placed on the 15-day DL.

The runner sliding into second did have some impact on the throw to first, but no more than your routine 6-4-3 double play ball. As you said it happens. Hill probably wanted to really help Ryan out and was focused on that.

I just read Romero was placed on the 15-day DL.
ya i read that too. its to bad because he is the jays best pitcher so far this year. he's even doing better than halladay. But for B.J, he needs to do better. cito said that there going to give him another chance but if he messes up a third time i can see him being benched for a while.

Also, Rios fiiiiiiiiiinaly got some hits (he needed them) i'm hoping that this will be the start of a hitting streak. But i think only one game is to early to judge.

We are lucky that they won the game (thanks to millar and not to Ryan) but hopefully they can win their 5th straight series tonight. BTW the jays are 11-5 and 1.5 games up on both the Red socks and Yankees.

That was the ultamite game review!!! lol ;):p

Back