News   Mar 28, 2024
 324     0 

FOX News

Ansem

Banned
Member Bio
Reaction score
This is what I've forwarded to the Toronto stars and I called them

I would like to report that yet again, Fox news host has made horrible comments about Canada off the air and it was caught on video.

I was on Yahoo last night and I saw the headline on Yahoo's page but I couldn't access the video.

I came home this morning and the article had vanished from Yahoo's page. (Must have been at Fox News request)
I remembered the title and found the link.

I think it's important that Canadians realise that Fox News have absolutely no respect towards us and we should start to boycott them.

They said that Canada should have been bombed by the U.S so that we would become a military support to the US out of fear to make us quit our peace keeping missions.

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/index.php?rn=222561&cl=13042397&ch=8033027

I dunno, it is sort of funny no? They seemed to like beaver tails.

It's kinda weird. It's filming behind the scenes chat. I dunno if that should really count. I am sure if we filmed Canadian talk personalities behind the scenes they would be caught saying some ignorant things.

That said, this stuff is no where as bad as what was said on Red Eye. And the reference to 'Bomb Canada' was about an article that the speaker had written nearly a decade ago. All in all, it's not as bad as the usual Fox News Canada bashing.

Whatever,

So some of them want to bomb us (for alleged EU-itis - that would be of much more interest to the Europeans than us). It's just the kind of knee-jerk response one expects.

At the same time, our pass-time is to assume they're all stupid. Kind of a knee-jerk response on our part.

Of course, hearing a journo comment on being at the border and assuming that the country is covered in wheat only helps reinforce our knee-jerk reaction.

Whatever,

So some of them want to bomb us (for alleged EU-itis - that would be of much more interest to the Europeans than us). It's just the kind of knee-jerk response one expects.

At the same time, our pass-time is to assume they're all stupid. Kind of a knee-jerk response on our part.

Of course, hearing a journo comment on being at the border and assuming that the country is covered in wheat only helps reinforce our knee-jerk reaction.

The thing that struck me about the wheat comment was how irrelevant it was. If that guy could imagine himself rotated 180 degrees looking back at the wheat fields of Montana and thinking, 'What an insignificant shithole the US must be--it's a giant wheat field'. That guy is an idiot.

Is there wheat in Montana? Lots of mountains though, and paramilitary groups ;)

We take potshots at Americans all the time. I don't know if Canadians are aware at how cold, rude and 'superior' we appear to be to many Americans. It's a little rich for us to sit back and scream 'foul' when we catch Americans doing it. News for all, the Brits and French love to mock and feel superior too...

I'm not offended so much as astounded. Their mockery is so pathetic that I can't take it seriously. I mean, 'I went to Saskatchewan, and I saw---wheat!'

this is nothing, take your over zealous nationalism somewhere else. if somebody wants to make fun of canada (or any country for that matter but remember RACE isn't the same thing as a country), it's their right.

you don't have to call the army about it. i for one would not like to live in a fascist society where one snide comment ribbing my country would land me in any hot water.

They said that Canada should have been bombed by the U.S so that we would become a military support to the US out of fear to make us quit our peace keeping missions.

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/index.php?rn=222561&cl=13042397&ch=8033027[/I]

I just reread your intro and rewatched the clip and it dawns on me how wrong your characterization of this 'off the air' chat was:eek: Did they really say that they think Canada should be bombed? Did you really hear that they wanted Canada to stop peace keeping? Good lord, shake your head. They were laughing about a piece in print that mocks Canada's smug international role, a role that so consistently seems to enjoy being a pain in the ass to Americans trying to rule the world (i'm paraphrasing here but you get my point).

I find it embarrassing that we are so reactionary and so defensive about negative attention from others, as if we simply cannot believe that the entire world doesn't worship Canadians and our enlightened righteousness. Ugh, how annoying! We just end up looking like insecure hicks. Again, Canadians mock the USA all the time! It is our national passtime. We have to be able to take a little back. There are many, many Americans who do love Canada and who look to us for inspiration, so lets just keep a little perspective here and the next time some Yank makes fun of Winnipeg or Celin Dion or Sophie on CBC or coloured money or colour with a 'u' or our mashed potatoes or whatever. C'est la vie, eh?!

The only offensive statement in the clip was the dude's original article, about how we brag about being peacekeepers but really aren't ("they're like, 57th in the world in peacekeeping"). He does say that he wrote that before we went into Afghanistan. When he says we're like the Puerto Rico of the north, everyone else gasps in disbelief. I don't think Fox News is to blame for anything here. And i say that as someone who absolutely despises Fox News.

Last edited:
Sounds like typical ignorant right-leaning American chitter-chatter about Canada-US relations to me. Nothing to get excited about. It wasn't aired, but its good to hear them off-camera without a filter.

The only offensive statement in the clip was the dude's original article, about how we brag about being peacekeepers but really aren't ("they're like, 57th in the world in peacekeeping"). He does say that he wrote that before we went into Afghanistan. When he says we're like the Puerto Rico of the north, everyone else gasps in disbelief. I don't think Fox News is to blame for anything here. And i say that as someone who absolutely despises Fox News.

We actually are pretty low in the world when it comes to peacekeeping:

http://www.un.org/Depts/dpko/dpko/contributors/2009/mar09_2.pdf

We are 50th. There are complex reasons behind it that I won't really go into here....but it's not that big a deal except in the minds of a few Canadians who really have a very naive understanding of the world.

Back