Toronto 4804-4812 Yonge Street | ?m | 1s | Dov Capital

ProjectEnd

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
This can go somewhere else I'm sure.

Does anyone know anything about this? It is at the north west corner of Sheppard and Yonge.

Some%20Updates%20055.jpg

This has been around forever ... from what I recall the city planed to lease the land for a long period of time to a developer who planed on building a small mall of sorts.

I don't think there were too many takers considering that sign has been up for a very long time now.

They were going to build retail with office on top of it at Hurontario just south of Eglinton in Mississauga like this. The sign had been up forever as well, and eventually just came down.

Good news; I hope SW corner will be taken care of too in not so distant future!

I could never understand why this piece of land has not been sold to a commercial or condo developer (parking can always be put above grade, if truly needed).

I believe there is already a thread for this one. There was a billboard with a render on site that a few members took photographs of, but those plans could very well have been changed in the meantime.

The billboard has been taken down and fencing around the site has been put up. As someone else mentioned in the Bazis' Emerald Park thread, the construction management company has put up their sign on site.

EDIT: A small portion of the site can be seen on the Hullmark webcam http://www.ucitonline.com/hullmark/

Last edited:
So ... our Mayor wants to extend Sheppard into a full subway line, and at the intersection of the Yonge Line and that extended line, they want to build low-rise retail? Ridiculous.

So ... our Mayor wants to extend Sheppard into a full subway line, and at the intersection of the Yonge Line and that extended line, they want to build low-rise retail? Ridiculous.

I agree it is not the best solution for this prime site, but it is way better than the depressing look of this abandoned corner... And it is a temporary solution until some big name will come on board and build something appropriate.

I agree it is not the best solution for this prime site, but it is way better than the depressing look of this abandoned corner... And it is a temporary solution until some big name will come on board and build something appropriate.

The SE corner of King and Spadina is a good example. That LCBO was open for what? 6 months before the re-zoning signs appeared.

The SE corner of King and Spadina is a good example. That LCBO was open for what? 6 months before the re-zoning signs appeared.

That not going to happen here.

In the past TTC was holding out for office development and wanted something on a short term until someone comes along with an office development. The train has left the station for any tall office building here. Better off going condo with some office space on the lower level or at the top.

That not going to happen here.

In the past TTC was holding out for office development and wanted something on a short term until someone comes along with an office development. The train has left the station for any tall office building here. Better off going condo with some office space on the lower level or at the top.

Its strange you say that when just across the street (4800 Yonge)..there are rumours rumbling about a 25 storey office tower.
After the CBD, this is definitely the 2nd most desirable area/location in Toronto for office development...building this is a waste of future valuable office space...and something stinks here.:confused: (16-20 years:confused:)

Back