Urban Toronto - Powered by vBulletin
Project Essentials / dataBase – detailed project information, floor plans, renderings
Projects & Construction Thread
CityPlace Puente de Luz Bridge
524 Front Street West, Toronto
Developer: Concord Adex
Page 65 of 73 FirstFirst ... 15556364656667 ... LastLast

Thread: CityPlace: Puente de Luz Bridge (Concord Adex, MMM Group/Francisco Gazitua)

The bridge is close until 2013 or until agreement is in place to keep part of the bridge open while about 6,000 clamps holding that garbage mesh are replace. The clamps have very rough edges and can be move around.

I was one of the few first visitors to shot the bridge before the ribbon cutting. Should had shot a video.

The mesh is not great for getting any rail fan shots from the bridge.
    Due Time restriction, visit my site http://www.flickr.com/photos/drum118/ to see updated photos of projects shot the last few weeks since I don't have the time to post them to various threads.
    See my videos on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/Transitdrum118

Crazy. So I got to walk through something that will now be closed down for another 2 months at least. This bridge sucks.

Dammit, I hope they sort out the clamp situation soon. That's disappointing.

One more photo, taken by a friend of mine.

Photo: Brendan Sack

Stare at this fondly and imagine yourself there as you wait months for it to re-open.

Seriously, what the f*ck. Unless the structure is crumbling there is no reason whatsoever not to keep the bridge open while they do whatever needed repairs. I understand the change is not structural and it's mostly to do with the mesh... That's an excuse to keep it closed for one more week at most.

The bridge itself is a delight. Used it several times today and would have made my commute much more convenient. The ineptitude of those responsible for the latest drawback disturbs me. The structure has been there for ages... they've had more than enough time to make everything perfect.
    www.Front65.com - Urban Ecology

6. Default

They'll probably just cover the bridge in black mesh like what's on the balconies of 15 Iceboat Terrace and 10 Capreol Crt and leave it there until it starts falling off...

Just looking at the photos, I don't like that mesh covering at all.
    “Our roads are not here for automobiles. Our roads are here for people to get around.” - Michael Bloomberg, Mayor of New York City - July 10, 2012

Original photographic images posted on this forum by dt_toronto_geek are not for publication, display or dissemination of any kind except on the Urban Toronto discussion board, altered or otherwise, without expressed written permission from the owner.

Yes I agree the mesh looks pretty bad. Plexiglass would be better aesthetically imo, although that would require someone to occasionally clean it.

It will probably reopen shortly, as the issues weren't major. The mesh issue is minor. The most pressing issue for the inspector was the fact that the expansion joints presented a tripping hazard.

They dealt with a different inspector this time, as the last one had not brought up any of the issues that came up this time. The city needs to get its act together.

I feel like if this was a bridge for cars they'd fix it faster (and have opened it sooner) but a bridge for pedestrians and cyclists just isn't a priority or concern at all. This is unacceptable.

11. Default

Every time I see the story about the bridge being open on CP24 it makes me laugh.

It's almost like the mesh would be better off "all around" than just on the sides, almost like an "umbilical" architectural element...

13. Default

Hey,

We should all go in for some ladders and bolt them to the ends...that will show whoever designed this thing what we think about ramps!

G

And so it is confirmed... the bridge wont re-open until 2013 according to Concord Adex's twitter account.

15. Default

Gee, sometimes i think this city is still stuck in the 60s

Page 65 of 73 FirstFirst ... 15556364656667 ... LastLast