UrbanToronto News - the latest headlines
Photo of the Day: Sailing into the Sunset
ALSO
Page 105 of 105 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105
Results 1,561 to 1,565 of 1565

Thread: Restaurant Comings & Goings

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CityPainter View Post
    I've always vaguely felt I should try them once but I've never gotten around to it: so many burgers, so little time.
    Fair warning, I know three separate people who have had food poisoning from The Works. I'd be leery.

Besides, with Great Burger Kitchen just down Church, why would you bother?

I tried the Works location in the beaches last summer, it was OK, absolutely nothing special at all. I'm not surprised that the Beaches location is now long gone.

Quote Originally Posted by adHominem View Post
    Besides, with Great Burger Kitchen just down Church, why would you bother?
    I had a great burger the first time I went to the GBK, a mediocre burger the second time, and a dry flavourless one the third time. Hasn't been a fourth time yet.

I try not to eat burgers too often (maybe once a month) but so far my favourite was at P & L Burger on Queen West, and I've always enjoyed the burgers at the Senator Diner, too.

4. Default

I just can't bring myself to pay $15 for a burger at a place like The Works...I'm wondering what will take that spot on Danforth now...

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CityPainter View Post
    I had a great burger the first time I went to the GBK, a mediocre burger the second time, and a dry flavourless one the third time. Hasn't been a fourth time yet.

I try not to eat burgers too often (maybe once a month) but so far my favourite was at P & L Burger on Queen West, and I've always enjoyed the burgers at the Senator Diner, too.
    Ah. I've only been to GBK twice, so perhaps I should quit while I'm ahead.

Agreed on P&L, they're in the running for my favourite as well.