Urban Toronto - Powered by vBulletin
UrbanToronto News - the latest headlines
Exploring the Future Office Spaces of Allied REIT's QRC West
ALSO
Page 111 of 111 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111
Results 1,651 to 1,658 of 1658

Thread: Restaurant Comings & Goings

  1. Default

    I am more excited about Nadège opening in the Richmond Adelaide Centre, since I can swing by on my way home on weekdays...


  2. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bayer View Post
    I am more excited about Nadège opening in the Richmond Adelaide Centre, since I can swing by on my way home on weekdays...
    Oh their macarons. Nom nom nom!

    AoD

  3. #1653

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JasonParis View Post
    K&K really is on a tear. Metro Centre is opening in a month or so too.
    Impressive, considering that most of their locations (except for Sun Life) only have three or four box items that qualify as lunch. They've seriously tapped into a market here.
    flickr

    • cats are OK - purrr
    • dogs are OK - wooof

  4. Default

    I LOVE K&K, but they seem to be expanding only in the financial district. Any chance of, say, the west end or Yorkville?
    Founder & Webitor-in-Chief of DelectablyChic! (formerly Prospere Magazine), an online-only lifestyle publication targeting young, hip professional women.

  5. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grey View Post
    Impressive, considering that most of their locations (except for Sun Life) only have three or four box items that qualify as lunch. They've seriously tapped into a market here.
    Absolutely. They are the only fast-food outlet I know of that is completely gluten-free, and as such they are the best choice for people with celiac disease. Practically all other restaurants use wheat, and cross-contamination in those settings is inevitable. I am just intolerant, so a crumb of bread won't make me sick for two days (I get an elevated heart rate for a few of hours, so occasionally I decide to have wheat and then accept the symptoms that come with it - see my post about Nadège above!), but it is good to have this option.

  6. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlvinofDiaspar View Post
    Oh their macarons. Nom nom nom!

    AoD
    Opened yesterday.

  7. Default

    Looks like Tutti Pizzeria in Yorkville has opened.
    Founder & Webitor-in-Chief of DelectablyChic! (formerly Prospere Magazine), an online-only lifestyle publication targeting young, hip professional women.

  8. #1658

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bayer View Post
    Absolutely. They are the only fast-food outlet I know of that is completely gluten-free, and as such they are the best choice for people with celiac disease. Practically all other restaurants use wheat, and cross-contamination in those settings is inevitable. I am just intolerant, so a crumb of bread won't make me sick for two days (I get an elevated heart rate for a few of hours, so occasionally I decide to have wheat and then accept the symptoms that come with it - see my post about Nadège above!), but it is good to have this option.
    I eat there regularly as well because it's one of the only places in the food courts, besides IQ and maybe even Freshii, that serve nutritionally decent food with unprocessed ingredients. And I have zero dietary concerns -- sorry for contributing to the long line-up , but it's nice to see people making conscious decisions about what they eat and that fewer people consider Manchu-Wok / random yellow-carded shwarma joints to be an acceptable daily meal.
    Last edited by grey; Yesterday at 16:02.
    flickr

    • cats are OK - purrr
    • dogs are OK - wooof

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •