Toronto DNA3 | ?m | 15s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

Leftie Banker

Member Bio
Reaction score
Anybody know what is happening with the former Downtown Crysler dealership site on the north west corner of King & shaw. It seems its been sitting vacant for quite a while?

Now that you mention it, that has been sitting empty forever - and right near where DNA had sold like hotcakes a while back. Whoever owns the land could make a mint developing it.

Now that you mention it, that has been sitting empty forever - and right near where DNA had sold like hotcakes a while back. Whoever owns the land could make a mint developing it.

It is going to be a condo. There was a VIP broker event a few weeks ago to test the waters. Don't know how it went.

When did that dealership close up anyway?

Years (?) ago.

It is going to be a condo. There was a VIP broker event a few weeks ago to test the waters. Don't know how it went.

Thanks for the news. I guess it was only a matter of time.

I was wondering the exact same thing as I passed by there today. I also noticed that a whole block of a one storey retail strip and an older building that's painted sky blue (I think it was a body shop) on the south side of King at Tecumseth has been vacated and fenced off in preparation for demolition. Anyone know what sort of condo will be built there?

The blue building was Westburne Electric and it is indeed coming down along with the small retail area fronting King that used to house a Pizza Hut Express. The Pizza Hut moved east into the building next to Westside Lofts at King and Bathurst.

If anything is going in their it will most probably be more condos - almost every vacant spot is turned into condos, so why would the trend be any different here?

p5

King and Shaw

As I type this, I am sitting on the second floor of my loft at King and Shaw staring directly at the dealership that has had nothing happening now for at least 2 years. I recently sold this place and one of the first questions the buyer's had was with regards to what was going to be built on this rather valuable land. Rumours around the 'hood have this turning into a green space, another DNA, or even a grocery store.

A grocery store would actually be a good idea- I know there is a Dominion in Liberty Village, but that is somewhat secluded. Maybe they could develop it into a courtyard building- park in the middle, shops and office surrounding the park on 1st and 2nd levels, but keep open access to the neighbourhoods behind and to the west.

p5

King & Shaw: Volvo... then DNA 3? (Canderel)

I have heard that the former Chrysler dealership property at the NW corner of King and Shaw has been sold to a developer. I don't have further details yet, but this comes from a source which has been reliable. The sale has not yet been registered. I took a quick look on the City of Toronto website and couldn't see anything about a development application yet.

This property has been sitting vacant for some time now. It would be good to see something happen there.

^ Good news. That part of King still seems a bit orphan from the vibrancy of King East of Bathurst.

I was at Liberty Village last night and I was surprised to see how great it was looking. Against the odds put up by being wedged between two rail tracks, with a big box Dominion and parking lot and with hints of a mini mall being established next to the Dominion, i wasn't giving this place much hope.

However, with some of the condos being completed and café patios being installed, things are looking much better for Liberty Village. It still needs a connector to King St. to make it viable and a development at King & Shaw would do the trick.

Back