Urban Toronto - Powered by vBulletin
UrbanToronto News - the latest headlines
Streetcar's The Carlaw and The Taylor Growing in Leslieville
ALSO
Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031

Thread: Downtown Yonge

It's still there as far as I know.

I did tweet this news about Sunrise Yonge & Dundas and their corporate account quickly responded that it wasn't true and that they are staying put. Not sure why it would be on a real-estate site though?!?

Quote Originally Posted by dt_toronto_geek View Post
    Is the Sunrise on Yonge south of Bloor gone too? I haven't noticed.
    Still there, although from a glance in the window it seems to be mostly t-shirts and tchotchkes.

Downtown Yonge's (newish) Bike Parking Strategy
    http://www.downtownyonge.com/planning/bike_parking.html

[it says 2013, but most is actually starting to happen now]

Quote Originally Posted by JasonParis View Post
    Downtown Yonge's (newish) Bike Parking Strategy
    http://www.downtownyonge.com/planning/bike_parking.html

[it says 2013, but most is actually starting to happen now]
    That's good. I have such a hard time finding a spot for my bike around Yonge and Dundas.

I hate to sound so negative, but this is not nearly enough - I wouldn't even call this an effort. Plus, bike lock-ups are damaged (usually by vehicles hitting them) and then removed (as opposed to repaired) quicker than they are added. Until the city really gets serious about cycling & cyclists, I'm walking.
    Edit: Btw khristopher, the bike lockups attached to the light poles around HMV/Chipotle are often available, I don't think a lot of people really notice them.
    Last edited by dt_toronto_geek; 2014-Jul-31 at 05:55.
    “Our roads are not here for automobiles. Our roads are here for people to get around.” - Michael Bloomberg, Mayor of New York City - July 10, 2012

Original photographic images posted on this forum by dt_toronto_geek are not for publication, display or dissemination of any kind except on the Urban Toronto discussion board, altered or otherwise, without expressed written permission from the owner.

6. Default

So the Downtown Yonge BIA is doing some community consultation all summer on the future of Yonge Street
    (http://www.yongelove.ca/)

Quote Originally Posted by DKsan View Post
    So the Downtown Yonge BIA is doing some community consultation all summer on the future of Yonge Street
    (http://www.yongelove.ca/)
    Thanks for sharing that, I just did the survey.

I hate to sound so negative, but this is not nearly enough - I wouldn't even call this an effort. Plus, bike lock-ups are damaged (usually by vehicles hitting them) and then removed (as opposed to repaired) quicker than they are added. Until the city really gets serious about cycling & cyclists, I'm walking.
    Edit: Btw khristopher, the bike lockups attached to the light poles around HMV/Chipotle are often available, I don't think a lot of people really notice them.
    They are always taken when I look.

I just had my wheels stolen off of my bike when I left it out last night on Church St. near Shuter. This is the second thing I've had stolen. My e-bike was stolen in the winter earlier this year as well.

My bike was hit by a car and completely ruined 3 years ago when I parked it on the sidewalk on a residential street near Jarvis and Wellesley. The driver just left.
    I never bought another afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by ksun View Post
    My bike was hit by a car and completely ruined 3 years ago when I parked it on the sidewalk on a residential street near Jarvis and Wellesley. The driver just left.
    I never bought another afterwards.

Same thing happened to me...people don't care!

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031