Toronto Motion On Bay Street | ?m | 29s | Concert | IBI Group

the funny thing is, I spoke with the owner of Diamante, and he told me they were not thinking of developing this one for a while. I guess they want to jump on the property before the market turns sour... super sour.

Diamante has had Hariri Pontarini redesign the tower - it's still 50 storeys at this point:

3096847097_37fe2d14b5_o.jpg

It's no secret that the site is for sale through a prominent real estate brokerage (CB). Not sure of the current status though.

Shouldn't the tower be more boxy? One City Hall is angular as hell, putting a convex on 2 City Hall seems a bit out of place, no? It's not convex enough to work with City Hall either. Sometimes I get the feeling architects just add a curve to make it seem more creative than it is. From my experience of living in these kind of buildings, they are impractical as hell too. Nobody really makes furniture that fits with such shallow curves.

Why would the site be for sale when they are starting the process of marketing the project.

If this is truly going forward, it would be a huge vote of confidence by this developer in the Toronto condo market....hope it's true....

Yuck. I hope this doesn't go through.

The original design for Two City Hall was a beautiful piece of modernism. And now we get this...

I could be wrong ... but if memory serves me correctly that "Two City Hall" registration website may have been up for quite a while ?

Back