Urban Toronto - Powered by vBulletin
Project Essentials / dataBase detailed project information, floor plans, renderings
Projects & Construction Thread  I  Real Estate Thread
Sun Life Financial Tower & Harbour Plaza Residences
90 Harbour St, Toronto
Developer: Menkes Developments, HOOPP
Page 57 of 114 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107 ... LastLast

Thread: Sun Life Financial Twr (1 York, Menkes, 35s, &co) + Harbour Plaza Res (62 + 66s, aA)

pretty much. they seemed really concerned about there being a better roof feature.
    check out my future toronto renders, complete with colour coding of the stages of construction!

http://urbantoronto.ca/forum/showthr...ronto-3d-model

Wait, did we lose the cylindrical tower?

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by buildup View Post
    "8) Stronger architectural solution for the towers"

What does this mean, are they requesting better design in general?
    I think they were talking about the durability of the balconies. - To become a more sustainable building.
    Learn Here about the Tallest Towers Under Construction in TorontoThe Toronto Skyscraper Blog!

Quote Originally Posted by caltrane74 View Post
    I think they were talking about the durability of the balconies. - To become a more sustainable building.
    This isn't what they meant. Buildup was correct.

They want a design that is better-resolved. A better idea/concept for the towers specifically, it seems. This could even mean how they are resolved at the skyline level, or an entirely different design.

5. Default

my 2 cents is that the towers are incredibly unoriginal for being so tall and will stand out like a sore thumb. I hope they either decrease the height a lot or give a redesign that doesn't resemble city place or maple leaf square or ice condos. if every building in the southcore ends up looking cheap and rushed with a similar green window design we will regret it forever, and the view from the island will have been ruined rather than improved.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by rpeters View Post
    my 2 cents is that the towers are incredibly unoriginal for being so tall and will stand out like a sore thumb. I hope they either decrease the height a lot or give a redesign that doesn't resemble city place or maple leaf square or ice condos. if every building in the southcore ends up looking cheap and rushed with a similar green window design we will regret it forever, and the view from the island will have been ruined rather than improved.

What’s wrong with the future picture postcard of Toronto having most buildings looking uniformly totalitarianistic??... What I'm saying is that if all the buildings are special... like the CN Tower doesn't that lead to none of the buildings being all that special??

Are you trying to be funny or just get a rise from people?

Quote Originally Posted by macookie View Post
    What’s wrong with the future picture postcard of Toronto having most buildings looking uniformly totalitarianistic??... What I'm saying is that if all the buildings are special... like the CN Tower doesn't that lead to none of the buildings being all that special??
    I noticed that problem along the Chicago River... too much diversity of architecture!

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by buildup View Post
    "8) Stronger architectural solution for the towers"

What does this mean, are they requesting better design in general?
    Please I hope so

10. Default

aA leaAst aA could haAve aAdded some distinctive element to set this thing aApart from its neighbours. Southcore kindaA sucks. aA's aAesthetic has gotten WaAY outtaA haAnd in this city.

11. Default

&Co are the architects of the office component.

Quote Originally Posted by ProjectEnd View Post
    &Co are the architects of the office component.
    Of Telus House fame.

Southcore will kind of be like the University Avenue of the 2010s in that it'll be full of tall(ish) but nondescript office buildings.

What a disappointment!