News   Mar 28, 2024
 41     0 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.3K     1 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.1K     2 

Urban Shocker's Neighbourhood Watch

Re: What kind of forum member knows no fear?

That issue reared it's head at Talk Cinema in December. The distributor sent the wrong movie. The practical problem was that Sean wasn't prepared to discuss it, but some people left because it wasn't the intended movie, even though they didn't know what the intended movie was. Me, I was just annoyed because the muffin delivery also went astray.

The only time I don't like knowing the plot in advance is when it's a mystery, where part of the fun is figuring out whodunit. Otherwise, I'm never opposed to knowing the story before I see a play, or a movie, or an opera, or a ballet. Part of the pleasure is seeing a familiar story told a new way, and finding new things in something you already know well.

I know no fear.

I don't think I'm betraying any confidences when I say that anyone going to see 'Il Trovatore' at the Hummingbird next month will see a member of our forum on stage! ( no, not yours truly ). But my lips are sealed as to who it is!

Cast and Creative Team
Cast

Leonora - Eszter Sümegi
Manrico - Mikhail Agafonov
Azucena - Irina Mishura
Conte di - Luna Robert Hyman
Ferrando - Robert Pomakov
Inez - Joni Henson
Ruiz - Victor Micallef
Old Gypsy - Robert Gleadow

Does this mean anything relevant? Damned if I know!

Hey that's great!! I shall train my opera glasses on him the full time.

Though, if you'd said they were going to use Christopher Hume as the anvil, I would have been almost as happy.

My lorgnettes will be trained on Robert Gleadow. I thought he and Krisztina Szabo were the best things in 'Boheme'. Gleadow is only 20. You'll have to parse my clue carefully to avoid jumping to conclusions about which forum member it is.

I see. I think I may have gone for the most obvious solution.

Another clue:

He'll be doing something onstage that I've always wanted to do offstage with a live one!

I will say no more.

Is a horse involved?

How dare you!

One of them is Maltese.

How do you make a Maltese cross?

The riddle I'm used to is:
"Using only ten matches, how can you make a Maltese cross? No breaking any of the matches, adding matches, or splitting any of them."

Q. How do you make a Maltese cross?
A. Stamp on his foot.

Back