News   Mar 28, 2024
 329     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 345     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 698     0 

Photo Update : St. L - London Condos, Vu, etc.

B

beaconer

-Town home on the corner of Sherbourne and Adelaide. Wow, best views in the city.

townhouse1.jpg

townhouse2.jpg

London Condos

-I believe the parking structure will be raised and not underground based on renderings and model.

londoncondos1.jpg

londoncondos2.jpg

VU

-An entire city block.

vu1.jpg

vu2.jpg

vu3.jpg

-The Spire in the background.

vu_spire.jpg

-Spoke about this before in another thread, but this intersection is awkward to me, it forks and twists at Adelaide.

vu_intersection.jpg

-Formerly Arts on King.

empty_beside_hero.jpg

The FRONT of those townhomes on Sherbourne and Adelaide are beautiful - pity you only posted pics of the backside of the project.

^^ Yeah, I do regret that. You are right, it doesn't do it justice.

Thanks beaconer

re: London

I thought the project as approved by the city have the parking located underground instead of above, as originally proposed?

AoD

EDIT: Apparently it's a mix of above and below ground parking

www.toronto.ca/legdocs/20.../it010.pdf

AOD,

You beat me to it! Thx for the clarification.

This was posted by another forumer a while back. The above grade parking on the north, backing onto the alleyway behind the St Lawrence Performing Arts building.

londoncondos.jpg

simpleDan,

This is an older pic that I have, that shows the front (mid march 2006). At that time the front hoarding was still up.

townhome3.jpg

I love the fact that Vu will replace another ugly Toronto surface parking lot... this condo boom is doing wonders for our great city. Thanks for the photos.

Uhhh...it wasn't a surface parking lot until the building that occupied it was demolished to make way for Vu, eventually.

And it doesn't take up the whole block, as stated above. The buildings at on the southeast corner of Richmond and Jarvis remain.

where are they building that giant bookcase building? that would look awesome in our skyline.

...although it would be accused of being derivative of Los Angeles's Library Tower.

anyone know whats happening with the project by the keg in st.lawerence?

-Spoke about this before in another thread, but this intersection is awkward to me, it forks and twists at Adelaide.
Toronto could use more forks and twists as far as I'm concerned. Still, I think the reason for this is because Adelaide used to end at Jarvis and the portion east of Jarvis is actually the old Duke Street (whose name can still be found on the George Brown Building on the south side of Adelaide).

Man, they should have named my building "The Duchess." :lol

And to get even more complicated King Street was orginally Duke Street while Front from George eastward at one time was both Palace & King Street.

Back