News   Mar 28, 2024
 525     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 409     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 747     0 

Downtown Honda Acura (47 Eastern Ave at Cherry, 4s, Plaston Architects)

B

beaconer

I apologize for starting a new thread on this, I mentioned it off topic in another thread, and it sort of got buried.

I was wondering if someone can please identify this construction site? It is located on the south side of Eastern Ave in front of the Distillery District, north of Pure Spirit. This photo was taken two weekends ago while on my Doors Open excursion. Also what is the land east of this construction site to be used for?

I'm guessing it may be a car dealership and something else?

eastern_ave_stitch.jpg

dealership - don't know why construction has ceased

Thanks Mark.

I didn't know either that the construction has ceased.

for the last month or so - could just be a delay with the crane need to lift the steel structure

That's the new Downtown Fine Cars VW and Audi dealership (they are going to close the location on Avenue north of Davenport).

This was part of the land swap which is to return the first parliament land to the city. I am wondering if part of the hold has anything to do with the hold on the bayview lexus dealership which I believe has a similar ownership.

The strip of the land west of cherry and east of this site will be part of the West Donlands and will have condo's/apartments built on it.

Thx much for the info.

So the Porsche dealership just newly opened:

Downtown Fine Cars
265 Front Street East
www.dfcporsche.com/

Which is located at the First Parliament site is being relocated to the location noted above.

Click Here

I new about the controversies surrouding the site, but wasn't aware where they agreed to relocate to.

Thanks again for the clarifications..

the Porsche dealership will be relocated across the street replacing a former gas station and the TTC's Parliament Loop

Thanks again for the clarification...

So many car dealerships now in the area, was getting a bit confused..

Accura, BMV, Benz, Porsche, Audi/VW, Jeep, Honda, Nissan and one other I forgot the name of..

I believe the large one bordering the distillery is Chrysler

And there is still the vacant Kia site

This has just appeared on the Building Permit website - this is the site on south side of Eastern just opposite Sackville Street. Is this to replace the Acura dealership now on Front Street next to Sobeys and if it moves will that encourage the development of that large block (Princess/Front/The Esplande/Sherbourne)?
Application: Zoning Review Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON

Ward 28: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 10 282165 ZAL 00 ZR Accepted Date: Oct 21, 2010

Project: Non-Residential Building New Building

Description: PAL to construct new auto dealership on existing vacant lot. Honda / Acura.

great news... the existing site of the Acura dealership has such potential and is a great location for a large development. I also wonder if this means the Honda dealership on Richmond St will be closing as well?

Here is an update

47 EASTERN AVE

Site Plan Approval 11 214198 STE 28 SA Ward 28
- Tor & E.York Jun 8, 2011 --- --- --- ---

Proposal to construct new two-storey plus mezzanine Honda/Accura dealership complete with four levels of above-ground parking and rooftop parking. Also see related ZC file 10-282165.

Now this project is coming to the WT Design Review Panel on 11 October.

WDL Development: Honda /Acura Dealership
Design Development
Peter Gappmayr, Plaston Architect Ltd.

At their October mjeeting the Waterfront DRP was not too keen on the Acura Project - but I have not seen any actual mock-ups. The Panel`s conclusion was:

The Chair then asked that Panel for a vote of support, conditional support or non-support for the project. The Panel voted unanimously in non-support of the project. See : http://www.waterfrontoronto.ca/uploads/documents/wdrp_minutes_oct_2011_1.pdf

Looks like they are going ahead with this

47 EASTERN AVE
Site Plan Approval 12 240550 STE 28 SA Ward 28
- Tor & E.York Sep 4, 2012 --- --- --- Cescato, Giulio
416-392-0459
Proposal to construct a 1365m2 addition to the proposed building being considered under related site plan approval application 11-214198 for a new "Acura" motor vehicle sales establishment

Back