Toronto The Heathview | 108.81m | 30s | Morguard Corporation | P + S / IBI

Mike in TO

Member Bio
Reaction score
Site plan application was submitted to the city for two 20-storey residential towers with 596 units. It looks likes the St. Clair streetcar is starting to bring more intensification as there have been an increasing number of applications the last couple of years.

That's good news. The streetcar ROW looks fantastic. Parts of that street will look very swank in a few years when we (hopefully) get sleek, euro-style streetcars.

Is this the property where there are 2 old buildings now

The west wall faces St Mikes playing field? and there are 2 old buildings that look like there are going to fall?

320 Tweedsmuir (Morguard, 2x 30s)

looks like this one is still moving forward so the time to explore those vacant modernist highrises this development is replacing is probably now.

320tweedsmuir.jpg

interesting find maestro ... thanks

looks like an appropriate location for two 30s towers since there are several 20s+ buildings in the area northwest of Spadina & St. Clair already ... do you by any chance have the site plan to show how it will sit in relationship to existing towers at 320 Tweedsmuir? Any idea on timing for a City Planning staff report??

Based on this,

which says this:

Site Plan Approval

Proposed two - 30 storey residential towers with 3 and 7 storey podiums. North Tower is rental and South tower is Condo, with 2 storey amenity building at grade between. 4 Levels of below grade parking. Total units is 596

Application Number 08 191459 STE 21 SA Application Status Application Submitted
Planner Name
Phone# Cantos, Jeffrey
(416) 338-5740 Date Received Aug 8, 2008
Community Meeting Date --- Status Date Aug 8, 2008
Statutory Meeting Date --- Proposed Non-Residential GFA (sq m) ---

Proposed Residential GFA (sq m) 50500

Lot Size (sq m) 9233

Proposed Residential Units 596

Proposed Storeys 30

I have combined the 310 and 320 Tweedsmiur threads.

30 Oct 2009 OPA/rezoning staff report: request for directions

Following a lengthy hearing at which the City and the tenants of 310 and 320 Tweedsmiur Avenue appeared in opposition to the owner’s application, in a Decision dated February 18, 2000, the Ontario Municipal Board (OMB) allowed the appeals against the City’s refusal to amend the former City of York’s Zoning By-law and Official Plan at 310 and 320 Tweedsmuir Avenue. The Decision required amongst other things, that the owner provide replacement rental housing with affordable rent levels and tenant assistance. The OMB withheld its final order until the City and the owner had executed and registered on title a Section 37 Agreement and until the tenants had signed satisfactory leases for the replacement rental housing. In addition, Site Plan
approval was to be finalized.

The OMB decision allowed a mixed built form on the site consisting of two 25-storey towers, a row of townhouses and a maximum nine-storey rental building that would contain the required 146 replacement rental units. In total, 409 dwelling units were approved for the site.

Since the OMB decision, the new owner of the property (Morguard Residential) worked with City staff to redesign the built form by redeploying the approved density in a design that more closely complies with the City’s Design
Criteria for Review of Tall Buildings.

The revised proposal contains 596 residential units, of which 146 will be replacement rental units. The units will be contained within two towers atop
3-storey podiums. The purpose of this report is to describe the revised design, rental and affordable housing related plan and tenant assistance plan and to seek Council’s direction to appear before the OMB in support of these revised plans.

Last edited:
320 & 310 Tweedsmuir Morguard

I managed to get this shot today SHHHHH!

320Tweedsmuir.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
June 6
They are still cleaning up the site and expect to shoring starting in the fall. This was our first home after just getting marry.

All those nice huge trees are gone.
5808775368_29cde22512_b.jpg

5808203559_89cd272cb2_b.jpg

5808769874_c3aa5cb640_b.jpg

5808765588_57dcca5ca9_b.jpg

Wow, I forgot about this proposal. And honestly, wasn't sure I'd see it again. http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2009/te/bgrd/backgroundfile-25077.pdf

That last photo brings back nostalgic memories of when I competed for my elementary school's track and field team at St. Mike's field. The St.Clair West station area is getting a fair bit of new developments in the near future, with room for more. A highrise cluster/skyline is forming here.

Last edited:

Back