Toronto Post House Condominiums | ?m | 21s | Alterra | Wallman Architects

Edward Skira

http://skyrisecities.com
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
Sign is up for this new project. Will occupy the parking lot behind Toronto's First Post Office (east side of George across from Vue)

http://posthousecondos.com/

I just saw this sign yesterday too. Very interesting. Do you know for a fact it will only occupy the parking lot or also the building north of it, like mentioned in the Vu thread.

There's talk of a condo on the parking lot behind Toronto's First Post Office. Also the building to the north on George was recently sold for 7.2 million. From what I've heard they also own the building next to it on the southeast corner of George and Richmond. No doubt another condo. And once UT world HQ opens this area will be fantastic :)

So are we looking at a Freed-style midrise or another 40+ storey tower? Or is the existence of this proposal (and its location and developer) all we know right now?

I just saw this sign yesterday too. Very interesting. Do you know for a fact it will only occupy the parking lot or also the building north of it, like mentioned in the Vu thread.

I think this project is only about this parking lot. The two buildings to the north are owned by another company (First Gulf?).

The fellow that owns the parking lot also owns the heritage buildings on Adelaide. Wonder if he'll integrate the two?

Sun Life Issurance owns the buildings to the north (109 George), they bought them from First Gulf.

Alterra purchased 105 George as a severance from 252 & 260 Adelaide (to the south).

I have not seen a development application for the site.

So are we looking at a Freed-style midrise or another 40+ storey tower? Or is the existence of this proposal (and its location and developer) all we know right now?

There was a re-zoning application for a ~18 storey tower a few years ago.

Severance? So Alltera moved here from their last location? Where are they now if they're building something here?

Site in question.

Attachments

• IMG_2484.jpg
    IMG_2484.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 1,681
November 10 2008 update

here's the site ~ immediately next to a nice heritage building (to the south)

according to the sales person for VU condos, Alterra put in applications has applied for Post House condos to be 16 storey ... I wonder how many floor would be approved

IMG_2636.jpg

IMG_2637.jpg

here's the site ~ immediately next to a nice heritage building (to the south)

according to the sales person for VU condos, Alterra put in applications has applied for Post House condos to be 16 storey ... I wonder how many floor would be approved.

Vu salesperson mentioned that The St. Lawrence Market Association is pretty vocal and has strict height restrictions in the area. 15/16s may be the limit. AR had huge problems getting Vu approval for the 25s tower (originally 32+s ???)

That does seem to reflect the heights of many projects east of Jarvis like MOZO, Kings Court, The Richmond, Modern, Space, Rezen, East, etc.

Last edited:
This building - which has a new Developer - is coming to the City's Design Review Panel on 24 September:

Project 5: King Parliament Neighbourhood Pilot Area
“Post House” Condo, 105 George Street
Site Plan & Minor Variance - 1st DRP Review
Alterra Developments
Presentations
Sherry Pedersen, Heritage Preservation Services; Willie MacRae, Community Planning
Rudy Wallman, Wallman Architects

See: http://www.toronto.ca/planning/pdf/design_review/drp_agenda_sept09.pdf

Back