Vü Condos (Aspen Ridge Homes) - Real Estate -

R

Roger Singh

Hi,

I am sorry if this is considered spam. I know I am a new user, but I just wanted to post this new website I created.

www.vutalk.com

VuTALK is an independent website I created for the new owners at the VU Condo (Nulofts|NuCondos|Townhomes) at Jarvis and Adelaide.

I decided to setup the forum, so people can quickly keep in touch with each other, and make sure that management keeps on top of things.

I have lived in an apartment most of my life (rental, not as owner), and I've seen time and time again on how downhill the apartment gets with bad management. It'll be ten years since I lived in an apartment by the time I move into my apartment in VU. I just want to make sure things stay good there, as I plan on living there for a while, until i can afford a house.

The building I am referring is on Jarvis and Adelaide, and the official website is at www.vuliving.ca

take care, and please refer www.vutalk.com to anyone you know that recently purchased a loft|condo|townhome there.

Re: www.vutalk.com | Community Forum for owners at the Vu Co

Probably the best course of action would be to advertise your site in the building. Fliers in people's mailboxes maybe?

The building is still a parking lot. It will be hard to find those mailboxes.

Moved to the real estate section.

Thanks for not deleting the topic.

Yes, Ed is right. IT's still a parking spot right now :) But, vutalk.com was available, and it was only few bucks to register it since i already run a couple of other sites.

But I guess you're right, I'll probably get most of the owners on the site through fliers.

take care.

Vü Condos

1) I assume Vu is now completely sold out and it's no longer posible to get any units from the developer. When do people think the registration will be for the south tower and the first investor purchased units will start to be re-sold?

2) Does the south tower have any two-bedroom, two full (4 pieces or more) bathroom units (facing west) and what's the sense on the market price for these units when they become registered?

Thanks for your help and time. Appreciated.

oag1:)

1) I assume Vu is now completely sold out and it's no longer posible to get any units from the developer. When do people think the registration will be for the south tower and the first investor purchased units will start to be re-sold?

2) Does the south tower have any two-bedroom, two full (4 pieces or more) bathroom units (facing west) and what's the sense on the market price for these units when they become registered?

Thanks for your help and time. Appreciated.

oag1:)
Why do you assume that Vu is sold out? The sales centre is still open so one assumes they still have 'stuff' for sale. Of course, it MAY be better to wait for investor re-sales, but who knows.

Why do you assume that Vu is sold out? The sales centre is still open so one assumes they still have 'stuff' for sale. Of course, it MAY be better to wait for investor re-sales, but who knows.

Their sales office is till open!

Thanks you for your replies. Yes, I found out it's about 60% sold. I was surprised this was not higher at this point. It actually has me a bit concerned that something may be off.

Does anyone knowledgable about the building know how high up you will have to be in the South tower facing west to have a clear view of downtown?

Thanks for the help.

Does anyone knowledgable about the building know how high up you will have to be in the South tower facing west to have a clear view of downtown? Thanks for the help.

The south tower is right at the NE corner of Jarvis and Adelaide so if you face west your first view will be of the St James Park and along Adelaide - the park is not likely to be built on - the first highrise in your view is thus not too likely to be until west of the west side of Church Street. You should get a downtown view even from low floors. Of course, if you are in front of the north side of Adelaide I suppose something tall could go there. Really, if you live downtown you are never guaranteed that your views will not change, for many people that's the attraction of downtown living.

DSC is correct.

Even from the lower floors, the west facing units of the South Tower will provide stellar views of the downtown core. This is mainly due to St. James park - nothing, save for some trees, will obstruct the view. As an added bonus, the point of the west units is centered on Adelaide. That should provide an unique view that most people would never see in their home (it would give the illusion that you are residing directly above the street).

Vu Condominiums - Adelaide/Jarvis

Guys, what do you think about this project in terms of investment? what do you think should be the market price psf for those 10ft ceilings lofts including parking and locker?

depends on several factors ... any upgrades, layout, etc.

i'm thinking about $500 psf ... several new projects (nearing completion and pre-construction) around the area are asking $500-550 psf.

Vu condos

Aspen/Vu is not allowing assignments at the time (we were asked to remove ours from our sites, and did so immediately).

That means is there is no real open market for Vu, therefor it is impossible to make a value judgment call on the possible resale value of this project.

Generally speaking - and putting Vu aside - relying on the builder's own asking price for market value is a gross mistake, don't ever think this way!

The only way to understand market value for a project is to put it on the open market and let the market decide the value.

If you notice a project that is not selling, and has no assignment, it wold be safe to assume that the asking price is too high for what the market will bear (willing to pay).

We will know the real value of Vu once assignments are allowed or once it is registered and we'll see SOLD results on MLS.

Last note - don't take ASKING prices on MLS as market price... only what is sold firm and paid for can be counted.

YK

Back