Urban Toronto - Powered by vBulletin
Project Essentials / dataBase detailed project information, floor plans, renderings
Projects & Construction Thread
620 King West
620 King St W, Toronto
Developer: Allied Properties REIT, RioCan

Login to
post and
upload photos
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: 602-622 King St W (Allied/RioCan, 12 + 20s, Hariri Pontarini) was Context King West

HPA's office is 50M from this site, which seems to have helped their reading of and commitment to this dev't and it's uh, context.

Okay, this project is really cool. This is a great kind of infill. It's not very wide on King Street so it's height won't seem quite as overwhelming, though I wouldn't mind a little bit more set back. As for the brick-arched lane area, I love it. I hope that they'll be able to really get some interesting uses in there, but either way it reminds me of what I always thought of as "Ontario" architecture when I was a kid: that brown brick, round window 70s stuff. It seems kind of distinctively Toronto and I'm pleased to see more of it.

Wink Kudos to Lene Tranberg -- a trendsetter in urban architecture

Lene's 2008 award winning "Havneholmen in Copenhagen" was obviously once again the inspiration...

4. Default

They hung an artist's rendering banner of the proposal on the building.

Wow @ Context. This building looks amazing. Everything from the ground right up to the roof. *drools*

6. Default

The marketing suite for Context King West is now set up by the site, at 636 King Street West - not completely open yet - it is by appointment only at this time.

I was in the sales centre tonight. The finishes are first class. The scale model really brings the project to life. This is an absolute winner for Context. The cooperation among the landowners around this site to make the site plan work for everyone is potentially one of the best features of the project. Those upper floor suites with the large terraces make me drool.
    Join the New 400 Wellington Residents Association Website - now with 20+ owners and more added every week
    Email me at 400wellingtonguy@gmail.com for more information

How does the mid-block area look? Is there any coordination with Plazacorp next door?

Yes there is.
    Join the New 400 Wellington Residents Association Website - now with 20+ owners and more added every week

Context, Plazacorp, and Harhay are all working together on a plan for mid-block pedestrian links and public spaces. It sounds great, so we've been trying to get them all to sit down and talk with us. Context are on board, but we have not had responses from the others yet.

Quote Originally Posted by interchange42 View Post
    Context, Plazacorp, and Harhay are all working together on a plan for mid-block pedestrian links and public spaces. It sounds great, so we've been trying to get them all to sit down and talk with us. Context are on board, but we have not had responses from the others yet.

Only Context and Plazacorp are involved. Harhay has declined to participate for no apparent reason.

Well, that would explain why they haven't gotten back to us. Plazacorp though? Still waiting for the return phone call!

Quote Originally Posted by 400WellingtonGuy View Post
    Only Context and Plazacorp are involved. Harhay has declined to participate for no apparent reason.
    Because whatever Plazacorp ends up building will make the entire east side of Harhay's a much more difficult sell??

I wonder if there are still plans to have this all wrapped into a block zoning plan as was mentioned a while back by Adam Vaughan?

Quote Originally Posted by gristle View Post
    I wonder if there are still plans to have this all wrapped into a block zoning plan as was mentioned a while back by Adam Vaughan?
    A Block Plan is being circulated in draft form. It will be revealed once the rezoning application goes into the City.

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast