Toronto King Portland Centre and Kingly Condos | 57.6m | 15s | Allied | Hariri Pontarini

H

Hydrogen

A notice of minor variance has been posted on a window of 620 King requesting the demolition of the existing structure and the construction of an eleven floor building consisting of one floor retail and ten floors of residences. The existing building is quite handsome.

The notice stated fifteen residences for ten floors.

Anyone know anything more?

Thats a shame. Wouldn't be surprised if this was a heritage building. If it is the building I think it is, its the charming cape cod looking 3 story building isn't it?

This building is quite unique and provides a nice break between all the large brick buildings along King Street.

It has a bluish brick exterior.

I think it's a shame, too.

Committee of Adjustment

PURPOSE OF THE APPLICATION:
To construct an eleven-storey mixed-use residential building that covers the entire lot area. The building will have one storey of retail/commercial/restaurant space at-grade and below-grade and 10 storeys of residential space above for a total of 15 residential units. There will be five-triple parking stackers located within the building for a total of 15 parking spots.

PURPOSE OF THE APPLICATION:
To construct an eleven-storey mixed-use residential building that covers the entire lot area. The building will have one storey of retail/commercial/restaurant space at-grade and below-grade and 10 storeys of residential space above for a total of 15 residential units. There will be five-triple parking stackers located within the building for a total of 15 parking spots.

It is on today's Commitee of Adjustments agenda.

I live right around there but can't place it exactly. Does anyone have a photo? Is it the one right next to Chevelle? If so, I imagine there will be some disappointed buyers from 650 King West...say goodbye to those city views.

This is really sad if it's the bluish lofty building with high arched windows. I live in the area and this is one of the most complimented buildings on the block. Definitely something worthy of keeping.

Wow. So it is that one. What a shame. I'm all for development, but this is a beautiful building that adds so much character to the street.

Maybe they can work out a deal to destroy the Travelodge across the street instead.:eek: Who would miss that thing?

Fifteen units in ten floors. I'm sure these things won't be cheap.

This would truly be a tragedy IMO. Here are some better pics:

620_1.jpg

620_2.jpg

Back