Toronto Scenic On Eglinton | ?m | 18s | Aspen Ridge | P + S / IBI

Archivist

Member Bio
Reaction score
The Globe's Real Estate section today has an ad on the front page for Scenic on Eglinton. Though this condo has been advertising with a plaid-ish logo for some time, they've been leery about actually showing the buildings. Today they showed the buildings, the first I've seen them at any rate, two curvy midrises by Page + Steele. Given the logo and the location (Leaside), I'd expected worse.

For the longest time I couldn't figure out where this proposal was going to be built at ... after viewing the videos on the Scenic on Eglinton website it finally made sense ... the site will be on the south side of Eglinton Avenue East, east of Laird Drive, immediately abutting the 'Hyde Park in Leaside' rental stacked townhomes ... in the site plan below, Eglinton is at the top and Vanderhoof Avenue is at the bottom

Given the steep grading of the site and the odd geometry of the property, this is a great design that maximized on the characteristics of the lands~

Site Plan
Scenic-1.jpg

Renderings of North Elevation
Scenic-2.jpg

Scenic-3.jpg

Scenic-4.jpg

This is what I love about UrbanToronto at its best - you make a little post with a quick reference and so many people chime in with renderings, the exact location, and informative comments. I too had wondered where this was going, and I had searched in vain for online renderings. Thanks.

Driving past the site on Eglinton, I noticed there was a sign up indicating Aspen Ridge, I just didn't know this was it. It's on top of the hill on the south side of Eglinton as Eglinton dips down into the Valley eastwards towards Leslie.

echoes of the Met/Encore.....not bad......:)

Based on the renders, I'd say this is actually nicer than Shutters. See, now why couldn't they build something like this up here in NYCC, instead of those square boxes Menkes is proposing for the Gibson House location?

http://scenicliving.ca/

Official Website has gone live ~ some nice renderings in the 'Gallery' tab ... I must say I do like most of the floorplans, very well laid out :) ... but it seems like AR was greedy and made all south facing units narrow with interior bedrooms

Back