Toronto 22 Condominiums | ?m | 23s | Lanterra | architectsAlliance

G

Greg29Toronto

Only a couple of levels left. Precast is going up on the east side of the building and windows are going in on the south side of the 2nd floor

22wellesley-1.jpg

22wellesley-3.jpg

22wellesley-4.jpg

Thanks GregW. The quality looks pretty solid to me.

AoD

Is it just me, or am I the only one that thinks that’s some fine looking pre-cast?

It does look good to me. Compare to the horrendous precast on the Met.

To my eyes, the precast installation seems a little uneven on the east side. Perhaps I'm being too critical

Actually, I think the Met is turning out to be better than most. As for this project, I think its a little too early to pass judgment (and usually pre-cast looks better in pictures than in real life).

Re: Agreed....

The precast on Met looks just fine. I see it all the time as I walk about and I think it's decent quality. In fact, the whole tower is looking very nice so far. I think it will be a gem when completed.

Somehow I don't like the look of it. Maybe that's just me.

Remember, precast almost always looks like shite when it first goes up. Wait for the final product.

But it's the texture of it that I dislike, not its fitting.

My problem with precast is that it always seems so uneven like it doesn't fit together properly. I guess you just have to wait until everything is done.

^ the pieces are put in somewhat loosely at first. Once all the precast is in place, labourers tighten all the pieces to ensure the do fit evenly.

Back