Toronto Five St Joseph | 160.93m | 48s | Five St. Joseph | Hariri Pontarini

A

Archivistower

Wow. That's big. I wonder if and how it is related to the Yonge / St. Joseph development at Hariri Pontarini's website?

YongeStJoseph.jpg

Attachments

• YongeStJoseph.jpg
    YongeStJoseph.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 2,011
Wow that's an out of the blue tower. I'll add the larger one to the list.

Can anyone find the planning document, or know when it's gonna be released?

Looks pretty good judging from the model. Hopefully there will be a significant retail component.

Re: model is Yonge & St. Joseph

The photo is a model done by Hariri Pontarini Architects for the corned of Yonge and St. Joseph.

The Hariri Pontarini website states:

"Combining the turn-of-the century industrial facades with modernist lines, extensive glazing and a high-rise residential tower, this mixed-use development is a mariage of old and new. Located in the heart of Toronto's historical district, the comples fuses retail, commercial and residential units."

440,000 square feet, the client is Greywood Developments and the project team is Pavid Pontarini, Christopher Ono and Mehrdad Tavakkolian.

Whatever that model is, it's 37 floors.

That model is definitely Yonge and St. Joseph... The background towers are the Sutton Place hotel and that multi-coloured pink glass condo on Bay.

I guess now the question is, is the photo above the actual proposal for the site or not.

Ack! The Yonge & St. Joseph project is right beside my building... I'm in the shorter wooden block just to the east.

I'd be surprised if this one doesn't encounter serious resistance from the city given how close it is to Yonge itself and how it is way taller than anything else around - my building is 20 stories and would be dwarfed by this building.

Yonge and St. Joseph (45s)

I was just crusing the Hariri Pontarini website and came across a model for a rather large tower at Yonge and St. Joseph. The tower itself is about 45s, is set diagonally on the site and is significantly set back from Yonge itself.

Hariri Pontarini

If you go to 'Projects' it is the second last link on the right. Ill try and import the picture when I get home.

I remember seeing this one a long time ago, and I think there was some discussion of it on here. That's apparently been on their web site for quite a while but has yet to come to fruition, just like some of the other buildings they have listed there too.

I was actually going to post about this the other day, but couldn't find the topic for it. (If there is one)
It's a pretty cool tower.

Good location too, on Yonge and close to the subway

A totally inappropriate spot for a 45s tower. What's wrong with the Victorian streetscape that we have? Luckily, I think this project is dead.

I love Harriri Pontarini, they are my favourite architects in the city, and I also love this proposal... its unfortunate that it isn't going anywhere.. oh well

Back