News   Apr 18, 2024
 473     0 
News   Apr 17, 2024
 1.8K     0 

Giraffe Living Condos (TAS DesignBuild) - Real Estate -

flyboy

Member Bio
Reaction score
Quite interested in this project at the corner of Bloor & Dundas. Word on the street is they're opening a sales office in September. I was wondering if anyone would have more details (pricing ;-) )
Could anyone estimate on a Price per sq ft.?

Thanks
JP

Nice response! I suspect you noticed that it was my first post. I accept it as a warm welcome. Thanks.

However, you should definitely look into this thing called "wit" as your response is in dire need of some and if you ask me; quite foolish. But Hey! who am I to state this, I'm just a newbie.

Hang in there flyboy! ..and Welcome!!

Just came across an amazing rendering of this building in the Saturday paper. Really interesting.

I saw that render as well. It made me do a double take, especially about the location! I really hope they build this according to current plans, without the usual dumbing down.

Welcome to the forum flyboy, and try to tune out the occasional sarcasms from some here.

At the moment this project seems to be in the initial stages of marketing and the info available is basically that which is on the developer's website. They are inviting people to register, which basically means, supply your name and e-mail, and they will send you more info as they roll it out over the next few weeks or months.

Thanks Granny and Observer Walt for the warm welcome. much appreciated.
I've registered for the project and may call the developer this week to get more details on the opening.Also noticed they have updated the website over the weekend. Nice interior renders nowavailable.

Anyone have experiences dealing with TAS designBuild?

I knew they were gonna build something where Joe Mercury's was, but thats insane for the location...

Well it is a bit hilarious. But this building will have to be marketed astutely. It's in a location which would not come to mind readily for condo buyers, and just getting it to "top of mind" for potential buyers will be a bit of a challenge.

I'll be interested to see how it goes, and whether it might be just a one-off situation, or the start of a trend of intensifying along the parts of the Bloor subway away from the core.

Well it is a bit hilarious. But this building will have to be marketed astutely. It's in a location which would not come to mind readily for condo buyers, and just getting it to "top of mind" for potential buyers will be a bit of a challenge.

I'll be interested to see how it goes, and whether it might be just a one-off situation, or the start of a trend of intensifying along the parts of the Bloor subway away from the core.

I know that the corner of Bloor/Dundas is not the best, but West along Bloor is nice, North to the Junction is changing, and Roncesvalles Village is a gem of the city in my opinion.

Agreed on all points. As an off-and-on haunter of Roncesvalles, especially the Revue Cinema (shameless plug), it's a great area. The Junction is undergoing quite the startling transformation.

I would like to see a bit of a similar transformation along Bloor, anywhere from about Bathurst, westward to Dundas. Many of the residential neighbourhoods south of Bloor have been gentrifying and upgrading. Strangely, I don't think it's been reflected much along Bloor itself. Maybe this building will help kick-start such a trend, or then again, maybe not.

Giraffe sales centre is currently under construction--aka, I saw new engineered hardwood flooring, funky lighting etc going in the corner of the old Joe Mercury's. Skids of contemporary flooring, tiles, etc....

Sorry, bad angle to get photo, maybe at night I can get a shot sometime....

Welcome to the forum Flyboy.
The architecture is intersting and the pattern does remind me of a giraffe... but that is a tacky name for a condo

Back