Toronto Theatre Park | 156.96m | 47s | Lamb Dev Corp | a—A

ProjectEnd

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Peter Clewes. 50 Storeys. Beside the Royal Alex. Drawings already exist.

I'm sorry but that's all I can confirm at this point.

So close to the subway station and the core, this tall tower is totally appropriate. Excellent news!

Yea! (sarcasm) ... Another Peter Clewes building
Number of proposals in that area.. who is the builder?

I too have reservations about such a tall building on a midrise street. It certainly does not sound appropriate or desirable. That being said, I look forward to seeing the plans (and with the right setbacks, etc, it could work).

People need to realize that the city is growing, and tall towers are going to need new homes outside of the main cluster. This is inevitable.

Tall towers do not need new homes. I don't even know what that means considering there is no 'need' for tall towers anywhere.

Increased density does not mean 50 storey towers on midrise streets.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but does Peter Clewes do setbacks?

Mid-way up the tower, there is a slight setback - a la Montage - except where Bruce and KPMB chose right-angles etc., Peter and aA seem to be playing with curves.

I can't wait to get authorization to post renders.

I'd rather it here than west of Spadina on King. It is pretty much next door to the SunLife Centre (or its mirror image building) which is what, 28-30 office storeys tall? It won't be much taller than that. It wont' take away from the mid-rise nature of the street because it is at the foot of the midrise portion. Everything west (save Lightbox) is midrise and everything east (until Church) is the tallest in the city. Seems like a perfect place and not a new place for a highrise.

I will wait for a render before I comment but I'm bordering on too much Clewes.

Mid-way up the tower, there is a slight setback - a la Montage - except where Bruce and KPMB chose right-angles etc., Peter and aA seem to be playing with curves.

I can't wait to get authorization to post renders.

You can't wait in a good way, like "holy shit this is amazing" or you can't wait in a bad way, like "holy amazing this is shit"?

Back