News   Mar 28, 2024
 566     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 865     0 

Who is Gregory Allen?

seatonhaus

Member Bio
Reaction score
While biking past Sherbourne & Gerrard this morning, on the (relatively) new fence around the empty lot on the SE corner, I saw some signs that said "Who is Gregory Allen?".
I started googling it when I got to work and found a strange website, with maps that indicated a company called "The Gregory Allen Company" was located at that address. Here is the website: http://www.gregoryallencompany.com/
which seems to indicate it's a "custom shirt" company. But I think it's a fake. Maybe a new condo ploy? I've been watching that corner, wondering when it's going to get developed.

Sorry, I should have said "limited". You are correct. But what do you think, after looking at this site. Fake?

It would appear from the website that it's a real company. It has online-shopping, a listing of other stores where the product is available, and press materials. Perhaps this thread belongs in "retail"...

It would appear from the website that it's a real company. It has online-shopping, a listing of other stores where the product is available, and press materials. Perhaps this thread belongs in "retail"...

If it is indeed a retail store ... what a strange location for a "high-end" men's designer.
Regardless, any sophisticated retail is a nice addition to the neighbourhood.

I wonder if Mustapha will answer? His shirtmaker's on Sherbourne.

My shirtmaker is on the south west corner in the old house. 'Trend Customer Tailors'. Drop in, ask for Don and say Mustapha sent ya. Shirts start just north of $200. Minimum of 3. Ask for the higher collar, it's flattering on most men - hides fleshy necks. I have rather flash shirts run up but Don makes anything in the fabric of your choice in the details of your choice. Support your local artisans. Custom clothing made to your measurements is the most flattering clothing there is.
An frighteningly expensive initial investment, but buying this way will keep you out of bi-weekly trips to the mall to buy a new shirt that in the end is somehow unsatisfying.
DSCF0127.jpg

While biking past Sherbourne & Gerrard this morning, on the (relatively) new fence around the empty lot on the SE corner, I saw some signs that said "Who is Gregory Allen?".
I started googling it when I got to work and found a strange website, with maps that indicated a company called "The Gregory Allen Company" was located at that address. Here is the website: http://www.gregoryallencompany.com/
which seems to indicate it's a "custom shirt" company. But I think it's a fake. Maybe a new condo ploy? I've been watching that corner, wondering when it's going to get developed.

The long-vacant lot now has a construction trailer parked on it. Are plans being made to finally DO something with it - apparently there used to be a gas station there so it may be contaminated.

Back