Urban Toronto - Powered by vBulletin
Project Essentials / dataBase detailed project information, floor plans, renderings
Projects & Construction Thread
Peter Gilgan Centre for Research and Learning
660 Bay St, Toronto
Developer: Hospital for Sick Children

Login to
post and
upload photos
Page 24 of 49 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: SickKids Hosp: Peter Gilgan Centre for Research and Learning (Bay & Elm, 21s, DSAI)

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mckarisma View Post
    No I suspect he's right at least that most people on the board like how this building is turning out so far. Should we do another poll?
    Exactly. But lets wait until this one is completed before introducing a poll, as there's still more interesting features yet to arrive. Of course so far the building has almost unanimously been viewed in a positive light with little suggestion that it could be classified as love-it or hate-it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mississauga Slim View Post
    you will see he is actually criticizing the cladding on MaRS, not Sick Kids.
    Duly noted and corrected. Also that means nobody is not in favor of this project.
    Last edited by vegeta_skyline; 2012-Jan-29 at 13:35.

2. Default

For those disagreeing with College Park here, read his post carefully and you will see he is actually criticizing the cladding on MaRS, not Sick Kids.
    Confound that pesky ambiguity! CP should have just drawn up lists of posters who agree and disagree with its cladding! Etc etc

3. Default

Getting sick, on Yonge Street

Learn Here about the Tallest Towers Under Construction in TorontoThe Toronto Skyscraper Blog!

Jan 27

Due Time restriction, visit my site https://www.flickr.com/photos/drum118/ to see updated photos of projects shot the last few weeks since I don't have the time to post them to various threads.
    See my videos on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/Transitdrum118/videos

Wow, so it looks like 3 more floors and then the big mechanical box.

It's already remarkable how different it feels to walk along the other side of Bay St. That stretch of Bay always felt somewhat backwater to me, on account of all of the parking lots, but now it really does a sense of place

February 3, 2012

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Magus View Post
    Confound that pesky ambiguity! CP should have just drawn up lists of posters who agree and disagree with its cladding! Etc etc

Compile lists? Ugh....that's work!

8. Default

Those random panes of solid green or blue glass look weird to me. Maybe if they were placed with greater frequency it would look more intentional and less like a mistake.

9. Default

The pattern is suggestive of the output of a DNA microarray. In any case, tons more pics here:

http://www.sickkidsfoundation.com/be...tionphotos.asp

AoD

I love the fritting -- the "softness" at the edges produces a very nice effect, and gives what is otherwise a huge structure a bit of warmth.

11. Default

Those random panes of solid green or blue glass look weird to me. Maybe if they were placed with greater frequency it would look more intentional and less like a mistake.
    I asked a construction guy on Bay St about those solid panes. He said they were breakages and will be fixed with more white glass once it is all on.
    The guys from Ellis Don stand across the road supervising when things are being craned over Bay st. They seemed quite happy to answer questions. The curved bays will have curved glass and we should see it soon. Can't wait.

Such nice colours to those breakages. A very thoughtful post-accident solution.

February 16, 2012

I'm sure someone here has an idea, but I'd like to know if/when that parking lot right north of the bus station is going to be developed.

15. Default

Yeah, that's one of my most eagerly anticipated parking lot infills. The wasteland in and around the bus station is hideous and so wasteful of such valuable space. Plus, the Bay Street canyon of tall buildings is developing amazingly and this would go a long way to furthering the effect.

Page 24 of 49 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast