Toronto Peter Gilgan Centre for Research and Learning | ?m | 21s | Sick Kids | Diamond Schmitt

B

billy corgan19982

Sick Kids is building a new office tower on the parking lot at bay and edward (south of the nightmare). Look for construction to start by the end of the year.

That is nice breaking news. Any other details (size, design, architect etc)?

This might go a long way towards "de-griming" that stretch of Bay. North Bay Street has really seen a lot of development these past few years.

is this the lot that is directly east of the enwave smokestack?

good news either way. i love the that this intensification is taking place at.

There's been talk of this for years... glad to hear it's finally happening. It's north of the Nightmare, right?

Since I work at Sick Kids, I hope to hear something about this new construction project.

That's great. Even better if that's next to the Enwave building.

It’s the lot directly south of the nightmare and north of the bus depot. The lot stretches along Bay and Edward St. No renderings have been released but they should be out by the end of the summer.

Edit: and yes there will be Bay St. frontage.

Good to see the hospitals continuing to expand - my guess is that the offices for Sick Kids on Bay will be largely research based, given the fair distance from the main building, but administrative functions, such as finance and human resources are a possibility, as they can often be located off-site.

Many of you might be surprised at where some of the downtown teaching hospitals lease office space for research/administrative purposes.

Prepare to be enlightened (and sickened).

It's the HSC parking garage/residences.

thumb-alan_brown_2.jpg

Back