Urban Toronto - Powered by vBulletin
Project Essentials / dataBase – detailed project information, floor plans, renderings
Projects & Construction Thread  I  Real Estate Thread
Nicholas Residences
75 St Nicholas Street, Toronto
Developer: Urban Capital Property Group, ALIT Developments
Page 32 of 44 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: Nicholas Residences (75 St. Nicholas St., Urban Capital/Alit, 35s, Core)

Recent pics

May 28/11

Ready for excavation. You can see the crane for 5 St. Joseph in the background. Those cottages are now bookended by 2 developments. It's going to be a noisy dusty 2 or 3 years.

June 8

Due Time restriction, visit my site https://www.flickr.com/photos/drum118/ to see updated photos of projects shot the last few weeks since I don't have the time to post them to various threads.
    See my videos on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/Transitdrum118/videos

Excavation has started.

5. Default

^ Surely pile driving still needs to be done right?

Maybe excavation wasn't the right choice of words but they were digging along the west perimeter of the site.

7. Default

They're getting rid of the former building's foundations. A tease for many on sites like this, it is however necessary a necessary step in the construction of new buildings on occupied sites.

Pics taken July 9, 2011

The site has an actual door to gain access to it.

Shoring is underway.

oh wow, I didnt realize it was neighbours with the Scientology office. that has to negatively affect property values I'd think...

Pics taken July 28, 2011

RM

Sept 15
    Even though they are using 100' shoring beams 24 WF 55, they are only digging down 75'

Due Time restriction, visit my site https://www.flickr.com/photos/drum118/ to see updated photos of projects shot the last few weeks since I don't have the time to post them to various threads.
    See my videos on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/Transitdrum118/videos

13. Default

OT - but I would love to see some kind of restoration/conversion of the Scientology building. It has a very late 40s/early 50s feel to it.

AoD

Quote Originally Posted by AlvinofDiaspar View Post
    OT - but I would love to see some kind of restoration/conversion of the Scientology building. It has a very late 40s/early 50s feel to it.

AoD
    It doesn't really need a whole lot of work on the outside aside from brick cleaning. A chiller on the roof and HVAC for central air in the interior would rid the windows of the a/c units, matching double paned clear glass and consistent window coverings would sharpen this baby right up. Brother's restaurant returning to the "testing" area would be a dream, but it's only a dream.
    “Our roads are not here for automobiles. Our roads are here for people to get around.” - Michael Bloomberg, Mayor of New York City - July 10, 2012

Original photographic images posted on this forum by dt_toronto_geek are not for publication, display or dissemination of any kind except on the Urban Toronto discussion board, altered or otherwise, without expressed written permission from the owner.

15. Default

Yup you're right - brick cleaning and replacing the windows/HVAC work would have done wonders. Couldn't find it on 696 Yonge on the Heritage listing. so that could be an issue. Oh Brothers - have had so many umpteen breakfasts there years ago, rather miss it (and it was a watering hole for the cops., who ALWAYS sit at the rear).

AoD

Page 32 of 44 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast