Toronto 609 Avenue Road | 66.44m | 19s | State Building Group | Richmond Architects

It's replacing a pretty lackluster 1960s apartment which is good to see. It's not one of the nice 60's apartment blocks along that stretch.

"that area of toronto/avenue rd between st clair and lawrence is perhaps the best planned, best looking, and overall my favourite urban strip in the city."

Which part in particular? its a long stretch? Just asking because I'll walk it to check it out.

oh I love the mixture of old brownstones (near UCC) and 50s/60s mid-highrise apt's something special about the strip. Drive bike or walk that strip at night it's better than during the day. It's sort of sleepy (suburban perhaps?) but has this bizarre urban feel at the same time. Kind of like Toronto's version of the Upper East Side. I often think how i'd love to live in one of those big 60s's apt's along that strip--close enough to Yonge St yet still has this quiet wealthy vibe to it I like. So get out your camera's folks, and take pictures for all of us to see of this unique "real" part of Toronto know one seems to know about/appreciate/adore. (If I splurge and get a Canon SLR I'll join in the fotologueToronto campaign.)

Just looked at the design of it, and the massing, height and design all look almost identical to the project at St.Clair and Avenue; "the Avenue".... nice though.

^^ its currently under construction, and it on the east side of Avenue Road, between UCC, and St. Clair

ooo this is 609 Avenue ... haha couldn't even recognize it by the marketing name anymore .... this proposal approved by the OMB is located immediately south of 'The Lonsdale' condominiums ... 4 untis per floor on typical floors, incrementally merging to 3 units and 2 units per floor with terracing .... and a full floor penthhouse suite....

A full page ad in today's Globe and Mail:

wentworth.png

Thank you sir,
Very nice details esp. in the mullions. Looks like finishings will be stone(suprise suprise it's Forest Hill) Couldn't they have attempted to create a few setbacks?,,But then again height restrictions probably made this unfeasible. I'll keep my fingers crossed this will turn out as beautifully as it looks.
8/10

Back