89     0 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.4K     1 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.1K     2 

Boxes for moving?

Status
Not open for further replies.
no frills has lots of boxes for people to throw their stuff in. try future shop or any other store that stocks and showrooms big items such as televisions, furniture or fridges. they usually have boxes in their warehouses or stock rooms, from unpacking stuff, that need to be disposed of. you'll be doing some guy with a dull box cutter a favor.

Go to any electronic's factory in the GTA--they have incredible high quality boxes that are send straight to the recyclers. (I've got a huge stash--but since I worked for them I'm not giving them away.)

Edit: There's alway's Mr Christie--cookie factory, I'm certain they might be able to help you.

Check craigslist.

We gave away our moving boxes last year through craigslist. Probably a couple of hundred dollars worth of really good, professional moving company boxes.
It was much easier than bundling them up for recycling.

You'll have to be fast though. Demand for moving boxes is high.

The LCBO is also a great place to snag free boxes, and I've always found the smaller boxes to be better anyways (instead of having to handle really big, awkward boxes).

Shoppers is also a good source.

In particular, the "Life Brand" 24 roll bathroom tissue boxes were very versatile; not too big and not too small.

LCBO... definitely. If there aren't too many near the front, just ask one of the staff if they can grab some from the back. The LCBO at Queens Quay always gives me a hand full.

Liquor Stores or Supermarkets are good cardboard box sources!

Everyone: Supermarkets as well as Liquor stores can supply good usable boxes-I remember when I lived in the Philadelphia area I got boxes from my local PA State Liquor Stores and local supermarkets-one supermarket in particular would even leave their used boxes in a fenced off safe area to be easily obtained. If you have one of these nearby just go to them and ask-I recall they would be glad that someone is taking the boxes for use. LI MIKE

Actually, some supermarkets that do deliveries may want to retain their boxes.

Come visit me at Canadian Tire Bay/Dundas. You can ask me, or anyone in black shirts if they have any boxes. We will be glad to give you them.

Just a little tip I discovered last night: garbage night on Tuesdays meant that just outside the following retail locations, I saw:

1)tons of perfectly flattened (all you need is to buy some tape) boxes outside of your local Tim Horton's, seen @Bloor and Bedford location.

2)Shopper's Drug Mart==tons of good boxes that previously held toilet paper products, etc. Perfect size, seen @Yonge and Charles location.

moving boxes

bumping the thread for others that may be moving

I've done the drill where I look around for free boxes. It wasn't worth it to me. I found reasonably priced moving boxes online at imove... I spent over $100, but I would have had to spend the better part of a day collecting poorly shaped boxes from stores around town. To save time, I will buy boxes again the next time I move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back