Toronto The Madison | 121m | 36s | Madison Group | Kirkor

Roundabout

Member Bio
Reaction score
The parking lot next to the former York Theatre
http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2007/te/bgrd/backgroundfile-3737.pdf

P7130028.jpg

(the construction site in the background is for a retirement residence at 77 Dunfield St)

wonder who is the builder behind this project (haven't seen any marketing on it)

I've been walking through that parking lot on my way to the subway for three years. The rezoning/site plan approval signs have been up for that long as well. I've seen no work towards a sales centre or anything.
The only thing that changes is the beer mural on the Yorkville Club Uptown. Currently advertising Heineken.

renderings from Graziani+Corazza's website ... showing a 31 storeys proposal by Madison Homes, I wonder though which one is the more current one ? the 22s proposal in the 2007 staff report above on this 31s Madison Homes proposal ??

highrise21main.jpg

highrise2101.jpg

New Expanded Development Application

http://www.toronto.ca/planning/development_portfolio/pdf/residential_oct_2008.pdf

According to the City's October 2008 Development Applications listing, a new rezoning application has been submitted for "79 Dunfield Avenue and 85-117
Eglinton Avenue East" ... it appears that the developer has acquired adjacent lands and assembled the full block frontage along Eglinton between Dunfield Ave and Lillian St to propose two 29 storeys tower with a 8 storey podium

Application #: 08 217828 STE 22

Description: Rezoning application for new mixed use buiding for the lands municpally known as 79 Dunfiled Ave and 85-117 Eglinton Ave E inclusive (The Madison). Propsal is to erect two 29 storey towers above a 8 storey podium building containing 584 residential dwellings.

Proposed Total GFA: 54,958.28 sq.m.

City Contact: Tim Burkholder (416) 392-0412

The owner of this site is considering a food store for this site.

Last edited:
City staff confirms this 'new' application for 29 storey was submitted by the same owner as the one seeking previous approval (being Madison Homes)

Proposed 6 levels of underground parking (WOW), 2 levels of above grade retail along Eglinton (great!), and a east-west laneway on the southern limits of the site which provides residents dropoff areas and access to parking garage

Preliminary Report is anticipated February 2009

Back