News   Apr 16, 2024
 595     3 
News   Apr 16, 2024
 448     3 
News   Apr 16, 2024
 808     0 

Feather Factory Lofts (Roncesvalles/Dundas, Plazacorp)

riley

Member Bio
Reaction score
I just noticed a mention of this new loft conversion project in Roncesvalles, and I found this website: http://www.torontolofts.ca/feather_factory.html
It says its a Plazacorp project.

If it's the building I think it is, I have always thought they should turn it into lofts. I think its the building that is very close to the Roncesvalles Lofts dvpmt and the High Park Lofts. Does anyone know anything else about this project?

Wow. so they're going to sell them already built, and people will be able to move in right away? that's pretty unusual, i wonder how they got the financing. i'm in the neighbourhood occasionally, I would like to see inside this building when they open. starting $199,000 it sounds like they'll be pretty cheap.

Good call... I didn't even know about this project. Plazacorp really needs to work on the web presense. There is no mention of this project on their website and very limited information about their current projects

Morrow Avenue art galleries, B cafe for Brunch, Ali Baba's for falafels, sbux for coffee, Loblaw's and Zellers and get this: the Beer Store across the street! Yes what a brilliant location.:p

I'd been wondering why they were renovating this building, without any sales centre.

Address

The exact address is 2154 Dundas Street West. Plazacorp purchased the property in 2006.

urbandreamer, I'm not going to knock your neighbourhood which I think is pretty even if I wouldn't live there, but I cannot resist the observation that you just insulted the shopping mecca of Yorkville as "moldy, expired and unhip" and you are now championing this location for its proximity to a Zellers and a Beer Store. I'm just sayin'.

i don't know if I believe you. i was trying to figure out if it was sarcasm before i posted, but it does not seem like you really hate B Cafe, art galleries or the other first four things on your list. I don't profess to be an expert on trying to determine levels of sarcasm by strangers on the internet.

don't worry, urbandreamer keeps us all guessing with his unpredictable nature... you should try hanging out with him for a day!

anyone been by here lately, when i checked a month or so back... the website said "coming in june" now it says "coming soon"

Perfect building for conversion....the bones were in great shape and the location's great too. Looking forward to seeing what they do with it.

I was visiting my friend in Roncesvalles today and we walked past this building . No signs anywhere, but we could see through the windows and could see that they've put in the dividing walls within the units. Hopefully, they'll let people in to check it out soon.

Now, if there were a neighbouring Tar Factory, it could all be used as overspill for the halfway houses in the neighbourhood...particuarly if sex offender registries are involved...

Back