Toronto Infinity Condos | ?m | 35s | Conservatory Group | Richmond Architects

V of E

Member Bio
Reaction score
Didn't want to start a new thread but searched in vain for the existing one.

Just to report that on my monthly Toronto walk I noticed that site preparation is underway for the third tower. I went in to the sales office and asked about a construction start. Excavation will start next month to coincide with the advertising campaign for the new 35 storey tower.

Lots of cranes, lots of activity, all over downtown and midtown T.O. as the photo updates on the forum continue to show. Not to switch gears here but I would like to make some comments on the Pinnacle project.

One thing I would like to comment on that is not readily apparent from photos is the fabulous street wall that Pinnacle will eventually have, in spite of the cul-de-sac car entry which is located in the middle of the southern side. I measured the width from curb to street wall. It's a massive space about 28ft-29ft. Four feet of interlocked pavers from the curb then four feet of concrete with tree planters interspaced then seven feet of concrete walk up to the Pinnacle lot line. That's a total of around fifteen feet of pavement. Then fourteen feet of interlocking brick to the store fronts. It really is quite impressive. Of course the piece de resistance is the metal clad concrete columns going all around the project, and this is a massive project. The streetscape is going to look great.

I believe this project is getting a bad rap. Forum members moan incessantly about lackluster architecture and lack of street presence. Well in this case, although the project might not be the "pinnacle" of architectural design, when you are at ground zero walking past the buildings' street wall the experience will be very pleasing indeed. Definitely the best example to date on any of the new builds of pedestrian friendly at street level. Even with the project on a main artery (Lakeshore West) there is a feeling of spaciousness that belies its location. Looking directly south at the Harbour Commission property I could not help but visualize how much more of a human scale at street level this area will be once that area is developed in a similar way.

Just a closing note. Yonge to Bay between Dundas and Gerrard is one area that is still really in need of help. I was hoping that we would see some new build action here before the current boom subsides.

Hey thanks for the info, but a question: Are they hiring better architects for v3.0?

Re: Pinnacle. Yeah, it's not bad. Sometimes, the armchair critic gets the better of me.... It's just a pity about the large cul-de-sac entry. (Could be filled in at a later date.)

V of E - your the champ!

No doubt.

I too was wondering why there was no thread for Infinity 3, I had seen the shoring rigs at the site for weeks.

I had seen the shoring rigs at the site for weeks

I believe that crane is being used to build an Enwave tunnel (raising and lowering tunnel stuff through an access shaft)

According to emporis.com, there's a phase 4 to this project as well -15 storeys.

^ sounds like phase 3 and 4 will twin what's been built. Too bad. I'd much rather see one tall, less bulky final phase than more of the same.

Emporis is not a very reliable source. I believe their info is outdated and the 3rd and final phase is a single slab in an east/west direction

I'm a little surprised it's taken them so long to bring phase three to market.

Could they be advertising this future phase as waterways?? The website says coming soon to Toronto's waterfront.

http://www.conservatorygroup.com/condocommunities.html

I dont know about that, but I was on the Conservatory Group site earlier and was a bit disappointed with the lack of contextual renderings... How can they sell stuff without showing what it looks like? I would think that might be an important step in the process....

I haven't been down there in awhile, is the retail in Infinity leased yet?

There were no tenants in any of the retail units as of two Sundays ago. There were tradesmen working in one of the units at the time and it was the first time I noticed a "now leasing" sign, but it could have been there for awhile and I never noticed it.

Photo taken April 29 of the Infinity sales office on Lower Simcoe St. The MLS construction site and ACC are in the background and Success the third Pinnacle tower is U/C on the right side. Photo was taken from Roundhouse Park.
2453352848_f2d794d0b0_b.jpg

Back