Urban Toronto - Powered by vBulletin
UrbanToronto News - the latest headlines
The Yorkdale Condominiums to be First Phase of Lawrence Heights Revitalization
ALSO
Page 539 of 798 FirstFirst ... 39439489529537538539540541549589639 ... LastLast
Results 8,071 to 8,085 of 11957

Thread: Miscellany Toronto Photographs: Then and Now

Then and Now for March 15.

Then. 130-132 Yonge. "Huyler's Store Building." c1909. To the right of the Huyler's Store just peeking out is the Birks store that - memorably for some of us - was located on the SW corner of Yonge and Temperance. The Birks later became a Canadian Tire that had some mighty swanky fixtures.

Now. September 2011. The Huyler's store would have been to the left of the fire hydrant. This whole area was cleared in the 1990s for the Bay Adelaide Centre.

Goldie, you've saved me several hundred dollars. I think I'll finally give Photoshop a try and stop lens shopping.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustapha View Post
    Goldie, you've saved me several hundred dollars. I think I'll finally give Photoshop a try and stop lens shopping.
    You can do it with PS Elements, so you do not have to get the expensive one.

And my cut of your savings will only be 10%!

By the way, when I bought my PS Elements last year (Version 9), it was packaged along with Adobe Premier 9 (video editing software).
    The package for the two was less than another box with PS Elements alone - I've never used Premier, but it seemed odd to get two for less than the price of one.

5. Default

[/QUOTE]

Wow, your on John & sava lambou's parents porch! Went to school with both of them, still friends with Sava today.

On topic, they did a great job with that church, hopefully, the people doing St Clements on jones will do as good a job as the river dale church on Pape.

6. Default

*double post

Quote Originally Posted by donoreo View Post
    You can do it with PS Elements, so you do not have to get the expensive one.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    And my cut of your savings will only be 10%!

By the way, when I bought my PS Elements last year (Version 9), it was packaged along with Adobe Premier 9 (video editing software).
    The package for the two was less than another box with PS Elements alone - I've never used Premier, but it seemed odd to get two for less than the price of one.
    Thanks gentlemen, I need to get over my fear of software; always afraid I'll replace an original file with something that I somehow managed to make worse.

Quote Originally Posted by paraone View Post
    Wow, your on John & sava lambou's parents porch! Went to school with both of them, still friends with Sava today.

On topic, they did a great job with that church, hopefully, the people doing St Clements on jones will do as good a job as the river dale church on Pape.[/QUOTE]

Toronto really is a small town isn't it? I mean it. Talk to someone who has even visited and they will have interacted with someone you know or shopped somewhere where someone you know works or worked. Ok, a little exaggeration perhaps - a few more degrees of separation perhaps but you catch my drift.

Then and Now for March 16.

Then. 'New Merchants Bank, 16 King Street West, Toronto. Darling and Pearson, Architects.' c1921. Another wwwebster sourced picture.

A search of the online Toronto Archives using search term 'Yonge King' yields a few pictures of the neither distinguished nor undistinguished predecessor of our 1921 building at this location. However, this Palladian gem stood - I'm guessing - until the early 1960s when it was demolished for the existing building, so it wasn't around for long; only about 40 years.

Late in 1921 The Merchants Bank ran into difficulties and was absorbed by The Bank of Montreal.
    http://query.nytimes.com/gst/abstrac...89D95F458285F9

Now. September 2011.

10. Default

@ Mustapa "Thanks gentlemen, I need to get over my fear of software; always afraid I'll replace an original file with something that I somehow managed to make worse." Stay well away from Printshop for Windows 7 -- many less features than the program for XP, which cannot be upgraded..PFFT!

That Merchants' Bank looks like pretty flat-fronted second-tier D+P. Maybe that reflected the bank's incipient difficulties...

Le Weekend = something a little different:

Views of Canada - Vues du Canada (1858-1935) McCord Museum.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/museemc...7607788026604/

Le Weekend = something a little different:

Views of Canada - Vues du Canada (1858-1935) McCord Museum.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/museemc...7607788026604/
    You cana lso search ALL of the wonderful Notman Collection at http://www.mccord-museum.qc.ca/scrip...id=00016__true

Military Trail thru Highland Creek valley - looking E., Scarborough - 1920 & 2012

Goldie

Quote Originally Posted by DSC View Post
    You cana lso search ALL of the wonderful Notman Collection at http://www.mccord-museum.qc.ca/scrip...id=00016__true
    I concede, yours is the better link.